Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:44pm - Nov 16,17 
Anybody have any advice, pointers on Silver Springs. Going Saturday. Never been there before.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:01pm - Nov 17,17 
Sorry, I've only ever bow hunted deer at Silver Springs. I've always heard them blasting birds in area A which is across from area B where I usually hunt. Area E is interesting also. Good Luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:10pm - Nov 17,17 
Silver Springs does a good job putting out birds.
You did not mention if you have a dog, a huge factor.
if you got a dog,hunt the office area,A,D,E.A dog will find them as they run thru the grass.
No dog-find the mix of tree,corn,open field.Zig Zag and Doubleback.They will run around you.Good luck !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:46pm - Nov 18,17 
How did your hunt go today???

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:29am - Nov 20,17 
We got nine with five hunters. Stayed in A. We had a great German Short Hair that found them all. A lot better than Des Plaines in so many ways. Very windy. Wind ruins hunting and fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:24am - Nov 20,17 
T. Miller runs their sites much better than the state. Des Plaines is the place I really like least to check in and hunt. Kankakee's check in system is much easier and a nicer place to hunt with less people button as many birds. My buddy and I hunted Silver Springs last January and we weren't too impressed. Decent cover but not many birds and they were all next to the road. We got about a 1/2 of snow the night before and you could tell they didnt drive in and release the birds, just drove along the road and opened the cages. All birds we and everyone else saw were within 100 feet of the road. There was a group of 5 guys that had two dogs that said they must have been running out of birds because they only had 5 birds on a 3 bird permit and usually they are close to limiting out. May try it again sometime in the future didnt have the best luck there. Glad you did good, always good to hear some success stories!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:57pm - Nov 21,17 
Hunted the 19th with 7mo. old gsp puppy first time he was on live birds. He found got us on 5 birds. None of them near the road

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: