Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:45am - Nov 18,15 
Got an invite from a friend in the foreign service to spend 10 days quail and roebuck hunting near Belgrade, Serbia. I was a little hesitant with all of the refugee stuff going on in that region, but my safety was guaranteed so I booked my flight. We hunted 9 mornings in 9 different towns in the surrounding area.

Hunting is handled very differently in Serbia than here in the States. In Serbia, the farmers own the land, but not the game. Each town has a hunting club with elected officers that oversee all of the hunting in their respective towns. These guys take their hunting very seriously and definitely know how to show their guests a good time. At each town we hunted, we would meet early am at their clubhouse for a light breakfast and coffee. After a 2-3 hour quail hunt, we would meet back at the clubhouse where a buffet style feast of pork, or lamb both braised and in sausage form, fresh eggs, fresh kymac (a form of churned butter), fresh baked bread, homegrown tomatoes, and hot peppers. Cold beer and plumb brandy (Serbian moonshine :scared ) was always a must.

Here's a few pics. The quail there are migratory and pretty small, but also pretty delicious! :wink:

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:57am - Nov 18,15 
That's a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing. They have some very good rules on hunting in some of the European countries. :winker

Re: your safety, were you allowed to have your shotgun loaded beside you on the flight and travel?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:56pm - Nov 19,15 
Awesome trip. The country looks beautiful in the pictures.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:17pm - Nov 19,15 
Bubbalouie wrote:
Re: your safety, were you allowed to have your shotgun loaded beside you on the flight and travel?

When I was in Serbia, we were always with security people from the U.S. Embassy. I was a sitting duck on the plane.

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: