Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:05pm - Sep 1,15 
I'm going out Green river SWA for day two of dove season. I was kinda hoping to some kind of results from today.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:12pm - Sep 1,15 
I'd assume Michigander will give us a report of how he did at Rooster Heaven today. Give him a chance to put some Ben-Gay on his shoulder. :lol:

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:31am - Sep 2,15 
I was at Des Plains yesterday and we did alright, the 3 of us got 25. I would say that was about the average, 7-8 a guy. The numbers could have been a little better if the guys would have let the birds come in a little closer. I saw a lot of 40+ yard shots, just wasting ammo in my opinion. But that is what you get with public property. Good luck for those heading out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:00pm - Sep 2,15 
I hunted Green river today. from 3 to 5 there were birds from all directions. The ledger board said 900 birds shot yesterday. There were plenty left today. I got 7 but it's clear that I need to practice prior to the season. I went through 2 boxes of shells and had to leave during the last hour when birds were every where. Yes I took some bad shots. I was backed up to a bean field.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41am - Sep 5,15 
I was out for Day 3 at Des Plaines. Although the weather was hot the hunting wasn't so much. From what I remember seeing on the tally board 380-something killed Day 1, 87 or so on Day 2, and I'm not sure how many for Day 3. Those are pretty miserable numbers. I shot one but should have had 3 if I was paying better attention. The fields were in about the same condition as last year: not great, not awful. Did I mention it was hot out? Hopefully cooler weather will bring them in.

1993 Tracker 17' Dual Console
60HP Johnson w/ Evinrude 9.9 4-stroke kicker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18pm - Sep 10,15 
Went out again yesterday (Sep 09) for about three hours. Got into B field around 4:00 PM, stayed until sunset. Birds were coming in ones and twos until about 6:30 or so, then things quieted down. Not a lot of action but enough to keep things interesting. Most shooting coming from A and B field. I had several good opportunities but I must have bent the barrel of my shotgun somewhere because nothing was falling from the sky. Still nice to get out.

1993 Tracker 17' Dual Console
60HP Johnson w/ Evinrude 9.9 4-stroke kicker

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: