Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:49pm - Jan 30,18 
Just curious of any good affordable out of state hunts you guys would recommend for upland game. Thinking about trying one this year but would like some ideas or locations. Thank you

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:43pm - Jan 30,18 
What are you looking for? If you are looking for "wild pheasants"? A lot of places will still release birds just to compensate for the birds they shoot. It's the only way they can maintain shooting limits of birds throughout the season. With that being said why not just go to a club close to home.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:46am - Jan 31,18 
Honestly want to try anywhere for wild game if they are available.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:27am - Jan 31,18 
If you want to spend some dough, S. Dakota can't be beat for pheasant hunting. Three bird limit makes the expense hard to justify.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:26pm - Jan 31,18 
Theboy160 wrote:
What are you looking for? If you are looking for "wild pheasants"? A lot of places will still release birds just to compensate for the birds they shoot. It's the only way they can maintain shooting limits of birds throughout the season. With that being said why not just go to a club close to home.

I agree with this. You can alway head to South Dakota but it gets expensive. You get a low limit on wild birds but they release birds so you can get a mix bag. Eventually I'll get out there to do that. Right now, it's nice to have a wife from Nebraska who's grandparents own a small farm that they now cultivated 40 acres into prime pheasant habitat. A couple days of that a year and I get my fix even thought the bird numbers aren't super high.

Only bad thing about local clubs is the cover gets beat down pretty quick. I think a good dog and the T. Miller properties are nice for public land, I just don't have a good dog..or even a dog. I hunt Richmond once a year but again, cover isn't too great but tons of bird but for that price, you hope so. Coon Creek seemed somewhat decent but birds were lacking for us. I'm still working up the finances to join Mgraw, one day and I'll be able to justify it to my wife when we have the money. I've hunted there a few times and its the best non-wild bird place I've ever hunted. We hunted an area with Sorghum in December a few years ago and the guide said he thinks it was only hunted one other time the whole year. We probably saw triple the birds we released. Not to mention the fishing there isn't too bad. Ah, to dream.....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:56pm - Jan 31,18 
X-3 South Dakota. Some outfitters that own property are licensed preserves you can shoot additional birds but you pay extra per bird. But do you want to to kill birds all day for 2 days or pay for rooms and meals for 3 or 4 days? It is awesome to see 20 or 30 cocks jump at end of fence row especially when you shoot a couple getting to the end. Bring your ice fishing gear and rifle for coyotes and make it it memorable event. you can sleep when your dead.

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: