Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:25pm - Oct 28,10 
Liv's Hunt for a Cure combines the world's best goose callers, guides and hunters in one the hottest goose hunting areas in the country, all for a great cause. Join us for an unparalled weekend of food, fun and the hunt of a lifetime! Marc has allowed me to share this on his site.

Here's an excellent opportunity for all you waterfowl enthusiasts to rub elbows with the Pro's and help Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Liv for a Cure (http://www.livforacure.org) has organized this waterfowl hunt for the past 8 years right here in Lake County Illinois. This is our 9th year and were looking to grow this fund raiser. So, here are the details for you who might be interested.

The event is Friday Dec. 3rd & Sat. Dec. 4th.

Here is the schedule of events:
Friday Dec. 3rd
3-6pm Hotel Check-In and welcome party for guest. Holiday Inn Express 77 W. Buckley Rd., Libertyville, IL. 847-549-7878

7-11pm Banquet, Slilent Auction & Raffles. Independence Grove Forest Preserves 16400 W. Buckley Rd. Libertyville, IL. 847-968-3499

Saturday Dec. 4th
5-6:30am Express Breakfast & Build your own lunch. Holiday Inn Express

6:30am Goose & Duck Hunt Begins (The local area hunt clubs and private locations all donated for the hunt).

8am-3pm Holiday Inn Express
Honker Challenge Open to all who hunters who would like to check in a goose for one of four great prizes.
Categories are as follows: Largest Goose, Smallest Goose, Most Unique Goose and Most Average(Weight) Goose.
Prizes will be $25.00 Bass Pro Gift Cards for each category.

6pm Liv's Call for A Cure Novice Goose Calling Contest. Libertyville Sports Complex 1950 N. Hwy 45 Libertyville, IL.

This contest is open to all goose callers who have never won a goose calling contest Novice or Pro. The entry fee is $40.00, paid at
paid at the door. The $40.00 also gains you entry into the "Cystic Fibrosis Open 2010" later on that evening.
Prizes 1st Place 50% of enrty fees collected, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 20%

"Cystic Fibrosis Open 2010" will be held immediately Following the Novice contest. This is an Open contest, meaning open to anyone
who would like to call in it. The entry fee is $50.00. If you compete in the Novice contest your automatically in for the Open.
Prizes: 1st Place $1000.00 cash 2nd Place 50% entry fees 3rd Place 20% entry fees

Packages Available:
Hunting Package: $500.00 Includes Accommodations for 1 evening($450.00 without hotel room), Friday night's Banquet,
Breakfast & Lunch Sat., Hunting Fees and Free gift giveaways.
Dinner Package: $125.00 Includes Admittance to Banquet, Silent Auction & Raffles.
Corporate Sponsorship : We Have different level of Corporate Sponsorship Please visit the web site for details
http://www.livforacure.org
Product Sposorship : product donations will be featured at our Silent Auction on Friday night. Product and monetary
sposorship will receive acknowledgement with logos on event t-shirts, banners and websites. Over $500.00 in donations also
receives one ticket to dinner Friday night.

Remember all donations are tax deductable and will receive a tax form from Liv for a Cure upon receipt of your donation. "Liv for a Cure" is a 501(c)(3)01-0735448 not-for-profit organization and founded to to help children and young adults afflicted with cystic Fibrosis. This foundation is working with the Cystic Fibrosis Center at Children's Memorial Hospital to provide funding for research to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis (CF).

Please feel free to call (847)224-8216 Mauro or visit the web site at http://www.livforacure.org.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:30pm - Oct 29,10 
Mauro,
sounds like a great time for a great cause. Who are the pro's that are going to be attending?

do you plan on serving the Christmas goose or do you have other plans for dinner?

Thanks in advance,
Richie

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:04pm - Oct 29,10 
Mauro thanks for reaching out for me. I hope it works out good for you!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:09pm - Oct 30,10 
Richie.... Here are some fo the people who will be in attendance.

Tim & Hunter Grounds both former world champions and owner and operators of Tim Grounds Championship Calls.
Kelley Powers former Champion and Champion of Champions owner and operator of Final Flight Outfitters.
Shawn Stahl former world champion and owner operator of Fowl Pursuit Videos.
Scott Thrienen current World Live Goose Champion and operator of molt gear products. Author of the "Bad Grammar" video.
Wade Walling former World Champion
Sean Hammock Current #1 ranked goose caller in the world and owner of Big Seans Outfitting Service
Chauncey Nizol from ESPN Radio
J. Paul Jackson from Drake Waterfowl's Migration Nation
Bob Rossa accomplished waterfowl guide and owner opeartion of Migrator Charters and Hunts
Rob Sprow owner operator of Ultimate Waterfowlers.
Dwayne Grant & Mike Keck from Torino's Hunt Club.
Jerry Papbst Outdoor writer for Midwest Outdoors and Illinois Outdoors and Outdoor Notebook.
Cameron Grabst from Mac Island Calls
Scott Giesler Foiles prostaffer and St. Lawrence Outfitter Guide.
Craig Littlepage owner Operator of Goosemasters Legendary Hunts in Manitoba
Bobby Moreno Cabelas Pro Staffer and former goose calling champion
John Bolen from Bolen Callin Strings

Others' I'm trying to confirm;
Sean Mann former world champion and champion of champions
Josh Neuwiller former world champion and champion of champions
Jeff Foiles Owner operator of Folies Migrators
Matt Porter owner opeartor of Porter's Hunt Club
Dale Bowman from The Chicago Sun Times
Bob Alfieri from GK Calls
Robbie Iverson current world champion

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:55pm - Nov 1,10 
Hi Mauro! How are Lisa and Liv doing? If I get an invite, I will be there this year.
I urge everyone to come out for this great event.
The cause is magnificent and getting to meet some of these top pros is fantastic!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:04am - Nov 2,10 
Steve.....you have an open invitation my friend....but I will send one anyway....Lisa says hello!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:26am - Nov 2,10 
Woa this event is very close to my house! I didn't even know you can hunt anywhere around here!
Where is all the hunting taking place?

woooowwwie. Wish I knew how to hunt. I'd love to do this w/the girls when they get older!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:53am - Nov 3,10 
Steve, I sent you an PM.....please send me your email address so I can get you a media invitation.

IvoryLotus.....all of 20 something locations are in Lake and McHenry County

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:53am - Nov 12,10 
I'm pre selling dinner tickets for $100.00.....buffet dinner and open bar....and that's means open;-)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:00pm - Nov 30,10 
open bar...? I'll be there with bells on!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:52pm - Dec 2,10 
There are still pleanty of openings left for dinner and the hunt. Please call me with any questions or reservations.... 847-224-8216 Mauro

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:19pm - Dec 4,10 
First, I would like to say thanks to Mauro for a great event! It was more than I could have ever expected and will be a perennial contributor. The banquet was fun and got to meet some great hunters as well as my "chaperon" Terry. That guy is a RIOT!!

Second, we had a great day in the pit. Paired up some awesome guides in Wade and Craig, and hunting partners Pat and Stella. Also, Sage made the slow times enjoyable by chasing mice and snowballs.

It was a slow start with single greenheads coming in at 1/2 hour intervals. Made interesting with me having 2 shells not fire on the first drake(came in twice) and Stella cleaning up my mishaps. Pat was also having gun issues but we got pass them. We got a group of 8 more mallards to work and knocked down 4. One of which was a double banded drake. One of the bands was a $100 reward!!! :shock

About noon the geese started moving and working. We ended up coming one shy of our 5 man limit on the honkers.

Overall, about 18 birds in total for an all day stay. Couldn't have asked for more.

Thanks again Mauro :allah My thoughts are with your family and Livvy as she gets through her current rough patch.
Look forward to some pictures as I forgot the camera in the car.... SOB

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51am - Dec 6,10 
Just sharing a blind with Wade Walling and Craig Mcdonald, Two former World Champions was well worth your cost of admission! Glad you guys had a good hunt. One of my friends was aguide for teh event and he sent me some pics that looked fantastic. A true smoke show!.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:00am - Dec 8,10 
Hey Guys....just wanted to give you a wrap up on this weekend. First and foremost.....it was a pleasure to meet you Nak and thanks for attending the event! I'm hoping that next year we can get a few more people from Chi-town to come. Ok, well the event raised over $32,000, attended by just over a 110 people. We will be making a $20,000.00 donation to Children's Memorial Hospital CF center this year.

There were 57 hunters in that field Saturday morning and the result was 102 geese, 36 ducks, 1 goose band and 1 double banded mallard with $100.00 reward band. The morning started out slow but with winter's first snow the reports started getting good about 8-8:30am. In fact the first group finished by 9am with 12 geese and 24 ducks...WOW!

Robbie Iverson is your new Cystic Fibrosis Champion for 2010;

The finishers were as follows;

Robbie Iverson
Wade Walling
Kyle Jones
Sean Hammock

Your judges were;
Shawn Stahl
Matt Porter
Brad Peterson
Ben Wapples
Brett Hendricks

A big thanks goes out to all our loyal sponsors, volunteers, attendees, Independence Grove Forest Preserves, Libertyville Holiday Inn, Espn Radio and Chauncey's Great Outdoors & Chris Bates and Mary Kay from "Outdoors to the Kitchen for their radio shows.

I hope to see you all again next year for our 10 year anniversary. Thanks from Liv for a Cure!

Profile WWW  

Board index » Game Bag » Water-Fowl
Jump to: