Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:11am - Oct 23,10 
out on lake in il wont mention which one but every time i hunt this lake on wknd i run across moronic hunters who have no clue shooting at birds 100 plus yards and calling nonstop for three hours seeing birds or not people if you need to practice calling i would love u to stay home and not ruin other hunters game its called common sence not to try and pull birds off of another hunters spread to ur own wait ur turn like everybody alse i have not nor will i ever start blowing my call when a hunter has birds cupping into his spread of course this happens to me every time i get out with wknd warriors. do us all a favor and just stay home if u must step on other people toes or decs ,i am convinced i am not the only one who has seen this problem maybe dnr needs to be more active although i dont think any laws have been broken i even heard about hunters pelting houses with their shot what were they thinking or maybe they just dont give a @#it

anyone else seeing this crap or is it just on lake where i go
:whip

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:57am - Oct 23,10 
i know exactly what you mean, im assuming this is a lake that i dont hunt but i have the same problem with ppl sky busting by me. I think they do it just to make sure that I dont get to shoot at the birds.

Makes me want to go there and just bend their barrells.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:16am - Oct 23,10 
i see your point guys.. its probably the same hunters that hunt on saturday and fish on sunday right on top of you, or cast right at your spot, or come over as soon as you get a nice one. its the same clique.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:53pm - Oct 23,10 
i to have a son i am training i think youth hunting is a great thing no kids this morn though although that would have explained alot ( not that it makes it right)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:53pm - Oct 23,10 
Seems these issues have been going on for decades! I know it's very frustrating but sky busting is part of the waterfowl world:-( So, until the weather turns cold, ponds and lakes freeze...this will continue to happen.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:00pm - Oct 24,10 
ya i think every lake has atleast one blind out there with knucklehead skybusting, and house spraying, ive seen ghost shots at imaginary ducks before.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:05pm - Oct 24,10 
yeah cant wait for the cold maybe ur right it will keep them inside maybe checkers can keep them busy while i hunt lol

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26pm - Oct 24,10 
I don't even bother waterfowl hunting in IL anymore.
I do 2 weeks in ND every year & pretty much shoot limits everyday & don't see to many other hunters.
I don't miss the weak hunting & weak hunters...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:28am - Oct 25,10 
NE Illinois is one of the midwest's best areas to hunt Canada geese and that's a fact, if your on private ground! It's nice to be 10 minutes away from a a spot rather than 10 hours each way ;-)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:38am - Oct 25,10 
That's public hunting,it's not just that lake its all of them.Down my way the desplains is the worst for overcalling skybusters....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:29am - Oct 25,10 
went out this morning was quite nice weekenders all gone shot my limit ( never happen on wknd)i think i will just keep on private spots on sat sun hunt public areas during weekdays i guess im not the only one seeing these #$#@# on the water maybe theyll drown or more than likely shoot themselves in the foot or just pull a chaney

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:03am - Oct 25,10 
eyeshotone wrote:
i guess im not the only one seeing these #$#@# on the water maybe theyll drown or more than likely shoot themselves in the foot or just pull a chaney

You're just kidding right.

Not really sure that wishing injury or death on someone is a real good play regardless of what type of sportsmen they are.....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:00pm - Oct 25,10 
GRN Head, no need to get offended. Unfortunatly I don't have a spot 10 minutes away. Used to drive about 1hr 20 min each way & went out 2 or 3 times a week. I rarely got limits other than opening weekend if the weather was right. Now I drive a straight 10hrs each way & shoot the crap out of em every year. Toss on the awesome upland bird hunting, ND works for me. Each to their own..... Oh, and I don't have to deal with "Bad Hunters"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16pm - Oct 25,10 
Tracker.... I'm not offended at all. Thanks though! I'm very fortunate to have mine and try to share with people who arn't so fortunate. I wish I could go to the Dakotas, unfortunately I'm too paranoid about leaving my business.lol If you have ever have the itch and would like to go, shoot me a pm.

Marc....question for you....how do I get my avatar set up. I've done it a couple of times and never hear back from the site. Can you help?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:26pm - Oct 25,10 
of course i dont want anyone to get hurt strictly sarcastic barking no offence meant to anyone in particular

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:53pm - Oct 27,10 
"Sky busting" has consequences. It often leads to cripples that are never retrieved. Very honestly, I wish they would limit the loads. I was goose hunting a few years ago with a local guide. One gentleman in the blind was shooting 3 1/2 12ga semi-auto. He never shouldered that gun with out touching off 3 rounds. He also never killed a bird. We all saw him wound some birds that flew off.

Cripples are a very big issue folks. It has resulted in banning most waterfowl hunting in Australia. The waterfowl hunting that remains is not even on a yearly basis in some areas. Read this:
http://www.rspca.org.au/how-you-can-hel ... nting.html

I personally only shoot 1 oz, 2 1/2" 12 ga or 1 1/4 oz, 2 7/8" 10 ga. This of course is because I mostly use older sxs guns. I have never had a problem hitting a bird that was in range. http://rstshells.com/rst_classic_shotsh ... shells.htm

Pete

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:16pm - Oct 28,10 
Nope, not 3 1/2" (88mm) they would damage my guns. I shoot 2 1/2" (65mm) shells in my older guns. I do have some modern (30+ years old) guns that I use 2 3/4" (70mm) shells in.

Most of my guns are 100+ years old. They were built to handle service loads of 9,000 psi. I try and keep it below about 8,000 psi. SAAMI standards today are 11,500 psi for a 12ga, while a 3 1/2" is 14,000 psi. My guns could handle them but it would be punishing on old wood. In addition, most older guns were never chambered for 2 3/4 (70mm) shells to begin with. I have no desire to open the chambers. Why mess with a perfectly good set of damascus or early fluid steel barrels?

Pete

Profile WWW  

Board index » Game Bag » Water-Fowl
Jump to: