Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:12am - Oct 15,09 
Just spent the weekend in scenic Waupun WI. hunting our Canadian friends. Saturday we managed our limits 16 birds for 8 hunters. Sun. & Mon. were a different story. The birds put on the radar and wouldn't come within 100 yards of the spread.

This was my first year attending the Waterfowl USA NW Indiana chapter hunt. Great event, great food, good people but marginal hunting.

I'm not a fan of hiding in the standing corn to harvest birds but it worked 1 out of 3 days. I guess the numbers are still not in the refuge. In fact the 6 or 7 times I drove thru Horicon going back to the motel I saw only a handful of geese in the refuge.

I know the national hunt is this weekend. Hopefully the birds show up for that group.

Wish I could post pictures but I have SBC services and it's a pain in the ass to get setup!!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:39am - Oct 15,09 
I use SBC to abd don't use there browser, if your DSL just open Internet Explorer and life gets much easier.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:29am - Oct 15,09 
I'm headed up to Horicon on Tuesday. We have 8 guys going and have been going every year for the past 10. We also stay in Waupon and have several fields around the lake. Talked to one of the farmers yesterday and he said he pulled out 150 acre corn field and the birds were loaded in it. He continued to say that more fields are coming out on a daily basis, and he is seeing more geese and ducks show up everyday. Sounds like you guys had a great time and I'll post after our hunt.
Maz

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:48pm - Mar 16,10 
grn head i was up in wapaun same time with waterfowl u.s.a. also went back following weekend for natl. more birds my truck lost 3 injectors so had to go back next week end called the farmer we hunt on to see if i could hunt still had tags left he invited freinds to hunt with us 9 guys 18 birds by 8 30 sun 5guys 10 birds by 8 all kinds of birds like the old days hope next year they get weATHER week before in can. force some birds so.see you in wisc. hooray for the cheese!!!!!!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Mar 16,10 
With out pictures its all fill tales!!!!!!! :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:37pm - Oct 31,10 
hey mike long time no hunt with you rich lanting i will be moving back north soon i will stop by

Board index » Game Bag » Water-Fowl
Jump to: