Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15pm - Feb 10,18 
Planning on fishing the battle on Bago with another Chitown angler,our first time.
Need a little help.
How does the prize system work?
Any help appreciated-thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:28pm - Feb 10,18 
Just Google battle of b ago it shows what the prizes r for the places

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:37am - Feb 11,18 
Prizes 1-5 then every fifth place so 10th place wins, 15th place wins 20th 25 amd so on, two trucks and two boats are on the prize list again this year!!
GET THEM TICKETS NOW!!!!!!
Me and my brother will be heading up to fish friday will post back
Jig raps&hammered gold pimples- most of the time no bait is needed, someties they want a minnow head but that doesn't happen alot.. watch YouTube you'll get some ideas.
NO TIP UPS,DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME, jig and jig and jig, if you don't mark any fish with in 10-15 mins MOVE !!! Some time a few hundred feet sometime 1/4 mile just keep moving, drilling, searching!!!
Baggo is a mean beast, watch for heaves and cracks! Very dangerous lake!
I learned this lil information from a guy MARK COMO, he was a chitown. Angler and posted regularly on here, god called to him so I'm just passing along his info, if mark was here today I'm sure he would have wrote a book for you like he did for me
Good luck and any question I can try and answer ask away, no question is stupid, its stupid not to ask!
JAY

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33pm - Feb 14,18 
Thanks for your help!
Ordered my tickets online,love the way pay out,and the raffle a bonus.Found a wealth of info online on how to fish this lake.
My game plan-
Have fun
Learn a new lake
Bring a few fish to weigh in
Looking forward to this and will post!!

Coldriver-Thanks for bringing up MARK COMO,I Remember him,his posts from fishing to recipe's provided us some great info,looking into past reads from him as well-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:30pm - Feb 25,18 
This tournament was a great time,they said they succeeded in hosting the biggest event on ice this year!
Fri. morning-Drove my truck in the rain due east out of merritt street approx. 2 miles. 20-24 in. of ice.16 FOW,using red and white spikes and shiners.Pink and white jigs and spoons.Caught many nice size Perch and white Bass.
Sat.-With a late start,east winds,and sunny sky we decided to drive and learn than fish. Turns out the east side of the lake was doing better than the west side with a early morning bite.
Colddriver-How did you do? Sorry we were not able to meet,Cell phone problems on my side and the amount of people in this would have been like finding a needle in a haystack.

Over 8,000 fished weighed in,close to 50,000 raffle tickets sold.
9 lb. plus walleye took first place.
A 13 year old boy won a new 2018 ford pickup with a 1.4 lb. walleye!
My first time being in a traffic jam on the ice.
No problem driving on the ice,made a good decision not to park with the 300 plus cars and trucks on the bay next to the tent,they were side by side.The DJ had to announce to move vehicles out,some were going thru.
learned a lot,had fun,came home with fish!!!
We left sat. night in a pouring rain,the ice was solid but cloudy,please check local conditions before heading up if you are planning to head north-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:11pm - Feb 25,18 
It definitely was a great tournament we fished off of Miller's bay, I couldn't believe the amount of vehicles on the ice r group did alright lots of whitebass some nice perch a 11 inch crappie. Missed a nice walleye at the hole got caught on the ice jigging raps and slender spoons were the ticket

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:26am - Feb 26,18 
We did absolutely terrible just when you think you know what you're doing nah we started on the south end of the lake by Fisherman's road we worked our way North stopping 18 different times putting on over 12 miles of travel on the ice with my truck we just could not buy a bite we marked fish just couldn't hit them the past years that I have fished up there we have never had to use any kind of meat on a hook so we did not bring minnows or waxies or anything and guess what that's what we needed, my little brother did end up catching to perch one white bass in one sheep head so he did check sunfish in

gaff sorry we didn't meet up I tried at the end there we arived in mettit about 430 drove the crack looking for you oh well maby next year!! Not as hard to find somebody out there as you think a general idea of where you're sitting at and then I put my little brother standing on top of my truck I drive really slow towards your general area and when you see the silly guy up on top of the truck you tell me which way to go and Bam now we're fishing partners hahaha LOL
Never park on the ice like that I'm suprised B.O.B let lem do that a few years ago the same thing happened but about 30 cars and trucks did break and go through
COME ON SUMMER BATTLE ON BAGGO!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Feb 26,18 
9 pound walleye. I thought the rule was no walleyes over 18" to be weighed. I thought the Battle of Bago people wrote that rule.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:23pm - Feb 26,18 
Min14"to18" and any fish over 22" could be check in.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: