Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:47am - Jan 8,18 
Post is for Saturday 1/6/18

After a couple of defeats earlier in the week, I reluctantly agreed to join James and some friends out on some new water. Together, we drilled over 100 holes on our search and destroy mission. After hitting a pocket of small perch, we began settling in and breakfast was soon to be had. The bite slowed dramatically just after we ate and fell back into search mode. Found another pocket of fish and drilled another series of holes to try and hone in on them. We must’ve found that Spot on the Spot because it was nonstop action soon after. we couldn’t get our jigs down fast enough. Gills, perch, crappie, walleye and trout! Good lord was it fun. Jigging spoons and tungsten jigs were used tipped with plastics, waxies and minnows but by far the spikes were the golden ticket. Ice was around 7-8” All around a great day and we’re just a pinch more savvy on the hunt for panfish under the ice.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54am - Jan 8,18 

Last edited by two4one on 01:46pm - Jan 8,18, edited 4 times in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:47am - Jan 8,18 
Beautiful haul!

:respect

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:53pm - Jan 10,18 
I was invited back out again to the private waters. Unfortunately, the host asked not to disclose the location. But I was encouraged to post a report.
Fished the same general area as the previous day but the fish had moved. Go figure. So James and I initiated the search mode and started to punch holes accordingly. First one way and then the other way till we found the school.
It was definitely more of a workout than last time. Shoot and scoot was the name of the game. Found the school and fished and caught 1 or 2 fish and then hole hopped till the school was found again. Compounded by the melting snow which made walking more difficult on the slick ice. By 1pm we had had enough. We caught several fish but sorted through them. No walleye, 1 trout and I caught a 5lb catfish. What a mule! Crappie were more active suspended in the top 3rd of the water column. Bluegills were chasing our jigs up 5-7’ before engulfing them. Spikes were the Silver Bullet for the day again. Had a couple tip ups on minnows with no takers. Will post pictures ASAP. Hopefully they don’t turn sideways again. It is so much work posting pics on here. :rotflmao

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:03pm - Jan 10,18 
:respect I know it's a little bit of a hassle doing the pictures here....but please take your time and put them up...really helps the guy's that read your information get motivated to get out there and give it a shot....thanks for the report ...love to hear when the hunt comes together...have had a few rough ones to start...but we're getting better at the hunt.... :allah

P.s. A honey hole like that should stay private...even though I'd like to join you there :bigyuck walleye,trout,crappie,bluegill,catfish....all from the same area...rock on!!!! :fishice

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:34pm - Jan 26,18 
Been sitting on the sideline for too long. Wish me luck! Going down to Mazonia in the morning with Double A. Will post a report soon after. Will pack some wipes. It’s scary looking down through the clear ice. :scared

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:26pm - Jan 26,18 
Ice at Mazonia still?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:46pm - Jan 26,18 
Only one way to find out

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: