Author
Search for:
Support Staff

Post Posted: 11:00am - Jan 4,18 
It was my 6" ION Bruce. We have had days where we get over 40 holes through 21 inches of ice but even that doesn't cut it if hunting new water.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:51pm - Jan 4,18 
Any Luc wrote:
It was my 6" ION Bruce. We have had days where we get over 40 holes through 21 inches of ice but even that doesn't cut it if hunting new water.

Well Hell's Bell's Any, that's the problem. You just have to fish on a smaller lake. 40 holes would cover it all......

or.... you can borrow my old Ice spud known to have cut through 21".... just have to bring a couple of novices and show them how and where to cut the holes....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:57pm - Jan 4,18 
Thanks for the report!!! Hopin' to get out this weekend and post on of the local lakes we enjoy-

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 08:05pm - Jan 7,18 
You guys know how to make a trip successful for sure. Took my boys there for a few years and with lack luster results we moved our annual trip to Madison chain and had much better results. But you guys sure make me want to go back. Used to stay in a concrete block prison, with a very fine restaurant next door, those folks would wait for us to server dinner before they closed.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55pm - Jan 7,18 
Are you Bad Rapping that Nice Green auger you got SUCH A DEAL on Any.?

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:45am - Jan 8,18 
:drink Hey Getdanet.... not a bad rap ... a man needs to know his limitations...the drills and other battery operated augers have a place and time ... however... on the hunt in extreme cold and thick ice is not ideal conditions for them...I love running my gas... but they too can be problematic... broken recoils... leaking gas.. fumes...again everyone has different applications...most times we bring one of each... can't go wrong with that combo :bigyuck

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: