Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:49pm - Jan 8,11 
I hit my club this morning from 6:30 to 11. Ice was 5 inches. Bite didnt really start taking off until the sun was up. My two tip ups, armed with roaches, saw a lot of action today. Landed 2 largies, missed a lot more and had a bite-off too. Looks like I gotta upgrade the Vanish or go back to wire leaders. Many, many chips on shrimpo's tipped with waxies. Lots of sniffers, the panfish werent very aggressive. Kept 1 9" gill and 4 crappies for the pan. The crappies came on the shrimpo/waxie combo as well as a small chrome swedish pimple with a tail hooked crappie minnow jigged hard. Had a lot of equipment failure today.....had to jump the van this morning because I left the dome light on last nite-DUH!....somethings wrong with my Vex battery, it only charged a quarter full despite charging all last nite, another of my tipups aint working-the spindle is all gummed up and I gave up on one of my rods due to insane line twist. Fun day in all.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 01:29pm - Jan 8,11 
Thanks for the report Paul. Was planning to head down tomorrow, but am now heading West with my Dad.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:42pm - Jan 8,11 
A comedy of errors eh Paul, but the bite sounded fun.
Good to see you got out, looking forward to a trip down around that way in the near future, we're gonna crack the walleye code on Jeff's lake.

I dropped the Vanish a couple years back and been running Seagar with no complaints. Didn't know you had Esox roaming your waters.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:23pm - Jan 8,11 
Oh yeah, there's a couple kinds of toothy critters roaming those waters. Each ice season I get at least one Northern on traps.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: