Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:58pm - Jan 7,11 
Hey guys...I am in need of some help if ya don't mind. My buddy Ryan is coming in from Missouri a week from today to visit and do some hardwater fishin. He hasn't been ice-fishin in like 15 years and I really want to put him on some decent fish. I always go out to my campground in South Wilmington, but he had mentioned wanting to try and catch some perch or walleye. Does anybody mind sharing a spot they've done well at this year so far for these fish? Even if it's not for perch and eye's, I greatly appreciate any info on where the hot spot has been for some quality bass or gills as well. I know I can bring him around and catch dinks with the occassional 10" gills thrown in, but I am looking for something that has been producing steady quality/quantity thus far this year. This is my partner that I fish my bass tournaments with and he never lets me give him gas money or treat him to any meals or anything, so I really wanna make sure that I can at least provide him with some quality fish, especially since he hasn't been ice-fishin for so long and he's finally making the 6 hour drive up here to do some. I can appreciate if you don't wanna post your hot spot here for everyone to see, so if you feel more comfortable, just pm me. I'd be willing to bring ya out to my club and treat ya to lunch if you can put him on some nice fish. Like I said, he mentioned eye's and perch, but any quality bite that's not dinks would truly be appreciated! I told him that I would turn to you guys, 'cause everyone is always so helpful and generous on this site. Thanks in advance guys...I really appreciate it! P.S. You would also be giving me a great birthday present too, 'cause my bday is on theh 14th... :bday:

:thanks

Sup-

Support Staff

Post Posted: 05:53pm - Jan 7,11 
Eyes might be tough, but we're hitting up a perch spot tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. How far you willing to travel/where are you located?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - Jan 7,11 
Thanks Tiny...I'm out in Frankfort and I'm willing to travel a good distance for a nice bite. The walleye bite doesn't matter to me at all and to be completely honest, but my buddy wanted to know. I think I may have caught one eye and it was by mistake in the 27 years I've been fishing. I've never specifically targeted walleye. I'd love any info you'd be willing to give out. We're only fishing next Saturday and Monday, 'cause Sunday I'm taking him to Da Bears game! I gotta try and convert the Rams fan...hahaha!

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:05pm - Jan 7,11 
go to lake marie at the chain-o-lakes....theres a point out there about 150 yards find a spot to park. u might have to pay one of the home owners out there about $5 to park on their property. as soon as u get there walk out about 30 yards check for the drop off search with your vex. or aqua view; u might have to drill a few holes but they are there.... silver or gold jiging spoon with a minnow head or a small minnow would do the trick....good luck and have fun..........

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:31pm - Jan 7,11 
Thanks bro! I appreciate the info. I'll be honest though...I've never been to the Chain before, so it may be a bit intimidating, especially 'cause I have such a limited amount of time with him in town. Even though I've been ice-fishing for probably close to 25 years...I've always just poked holes at my campground, the forest preserve lakes, or the local ponds. I would really like to expand my ice-fishing techniques and bodies of water this year if anyone would allow me to tag along-

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38pm - Jan 7,11 
Hey superman,

Not sure if Navy Pier has cleared up yet, but it has been known to produce some quality perch from time to time. If you get there and there are one thousand guys fishing I would say the bite is on, they come in waves, put in some time and you will catch perch.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:58am - Jan 8,11 
Superman,
Me and a few are heading up to Lake Winnebago Sunday fishing for Walleye, perch,white bass, gills and burbot. The bite is on now and will give a report probally early Monday. 3 maybe 3 1/2 hours north of the city and you are there. Many other quality lakes within throwing distance.

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Post Posted: 12:31pm - Jan 8,11 
tinyfisher wrote:
Eyes might be tough, but we're hitting up a perch spot tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. How far you willing to travel/where are you located?

BUST!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:31pm - Jan 8,11 
No problem Tiny...I appreciate the update! I'm sure something will surface between now and Friday...or at least I'm hoping... :?

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:00pm - Jan 9,11 
if you dont care about the eyes or perch try willow slough for the big gills and grab a few tip ups and some roaches for bass and pike that should keep you busy for a while and its not to far from frankfort a 1 day license is 8 bucks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:18pm - Jan 9,11 
i am from frankfort too i have a honey hole in frankfort im going out tom morning if it produces like it did the first time ill tend u there ill have to talk to the owner about letting you go there. ive pulled out 34" northern and 28 inch walleye there there are perch crappie bass catfish also ive also pulled out i think 6-7 5 pound bass out of there in the last 4 years its a honey hole and if tom produces ill garuntee u will pruduce here. its only a 18 acre pond/lake

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:38pm - Jan 12,11 
Just wondering if anyone is willing to lemme in on where the action is hot right now. My buddy from Missouri is going to be here in less than 48 hours and I am really wanting to get him on a good bite. Any help would be greatly appreciated! PM me if ya want- Thanks again guys...I'm feeling the pressure already...hahaha!

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27pm - Jan 13,11 
Just figured I would send out one last plea for help. I just talked to my buddy and he said that he hasn't been ice-fishin in nearly 26 years...not 15 years...GREAT-THAT'S MORE PRESSURE ON ME!!! He'll be here in about 16 hours and counting...thanks again guys!

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:02pm - Jan 13,11 
Haven't fished there yet but from the pic's at Bangs lake, looks like a place that will be high on my list when i'm back home.

"3/4 of the Earth is made of water. Does that mean were suppose to spend 3/4 of our time on the water?"

UW-Platteville Bass Angler's President
-FLW College Fishing
-St. Croix Rod's
-Gander Mountain

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:33am - Jan 14,11 
PM sent

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: