Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:29pm - Jan 7,11 
I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow with my son. Any tips on someplace close by Lindy's that sells bait? Thinking waxies and some minnows, maybe even a few shiners for the tip up. Thanks in advance. Will post a report.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:39pm - Jan 7,11 
There's a bait store right there at Wauconda Boat (next to Docks). Not sure what time they open, but sometimes someone from the stire will wander around the ice with bait to sell.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:42pm - Jan 7,11 
Mighty, I'll be out there as well. Probably somewhere between Wauconda Boat and Lindy's in 12'-15' or I might go a little further NW and check out some different areas. I'll be without shelter (as always) but one of my buckets has a yellow busket pal full of miscellaneous ice fishing crap. If you're going to set tipups, you won't have to venture very far. Good luck and if you're in my neighborhood, stop by.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:59pm - Jan 7,11 
I'll look for you. I'll be in a red Eskimo quickfish with a black sled along side it. Will have a couple youngins with me so not sure how much wandering i'm going to be able to do, but will keep an eye out for you...if you see me, stop by. Good luck!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:23pm - Jan 7,11 
well be out saturday also look for two frabill shelters a one and a two man.most likely be grillin some eats stop by and say hello.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:45pm - Jan 8,11 
People were parking on the lower level, right next to the ice on Thursday.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:38pm - Jan 8,11 
Fished from 12pm-3pm. Caught 14. Best fish was a 2lb large mouth on a minnow tipped jig. Also caught several perch and the rest were gills. Was too lazy to clean fish today so catch and release across the board. Got skunked on tip up, but found the hook cleaned when i pulled it up...it was pretty well froze with the winds howling across the lake so may have missed a hit. I fished straight out from Lindy's about 200 yds...in 13.8 ft of water. I fished various depths in the water column but best bite was 6-8 inches off the bottom with minnows on white/black jigs producing best. Keeping the minnow lively was key...lots of jigging helped keep production steady throughout the day. And regarding ice, I measured 7.5 inches in all my holes despite the fact there was open water in front of Docks. Nothing to brag about, but great way to spend a saturday with my son - working on getting him hooked and looking forward to the days where he shakes me out of bed to go chase 'em.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:12pm - Jan 9,11 
Mighty, I couldn't figure out which one was you. I also had T-Bo walk right past me. I was one of the 3 out on buckets/bag chairs to the S of where you set up. Had a great day after trying deep (13'-14') then shallow (8'-10') before finding lots of fish in 12.5'. Once I got there, I never left the hole. Went home with 8-8"+ gills (three of which shrunk to 7"-7.5" when I got home) and threw a whole bunch more back. I also hooked up with a bonus largemouth that had me thinking big crappie until it started ripping off drag for a couple runs. The bass was only 1 or 2 lbs, but fun to bring to the hole. Also had a couple minnows pillaged off of the tipdowns. I'm guessing bass as the rod slapped down and the minnow was gone both times.

Despite the wind and cold, it was a great day to be out. Met a new Chitown-Anglers visitor who was on Bangs for the first time. He set up around the same depth and had a pretty good day as well. Also, thanks to the fellow outside angler who had a bag chair wind break, grill, etc. stopped before leaving the ice with a hot dog. That really hit the spot. My brain was a little frozen up so I forgot to get names, but we'll probably cross paths down the road. Of course today the wind is gone, the temps are higher and I spent the day watching a volleyball tournament about 10 minutes from Bangs. Almost went up there after the tournament, but decided to watch some football from the LaZBoy today.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:39pm - Jan 26,11 
Can you still park at Lindy's if not where can you park? Haven't been there in years. Any info would be appreciated.......Thanks .Wolfr1

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: