Poll: which date should we have the Happy Place outing.

January 29th 2011 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
February 5th 2011 64%  64%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 14

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41am - Jan 6,11 
Hey folks, it's that time to get out to Blackwell for a little "Happy Place" Outing. I should have gotten started on this earlier but "my bad"!!!
(Hi Getdanet, BTW what's up with using the word "da" instead of "the" what's this world coming to :winker :lol: )

This year I have two dates to throw out there. Either Jan 29th or Feb 5th. What do you guys think?

For those of you who don't know what in the world I'm talking about. Tim Matejka (aka Yukon_cowboy) was a great guy who was taken from us way to early. He was one of the first Chitown-anglers I met and a HUGE fan of ice fishing at Blackwell. As a naturalist (no electronics) he loved the Silver lake and called it his "happy place".

This is just going to be people getting together to fish, eat and remember. Any and ALL are welcome. Tim would like for as many people as can to attend.
It doesn't matter if you knew Tim or not come on out. Tim loved meeting folks and would have really appreciated us taking the time to go fishing in his name.
We will be starting as soon as the park opens and end when the park closes. So there isn't any excuse not to come out for a couple of hours if for nothing else just to say hi.

Come out anytime during the day. Just please come out. Last year was very successful with many folks coming out and enjoying the day. We didn't catch a ton of fish but had a good time.

Here are some links to other topics that might interest you. If you want some good reading about Blackwell search for Yukon_cowboy and you'll get his reports.
http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51183&hilit=happy+place+outing
http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=51508&hilit=Tim+Matejka
http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=45144&hilit=Tim+Matejka

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:12pm - Jan 6,11 
Feb 5th

I'll be on a snow sled up north at the End of the Month. If you need help let me know. I'll see what I can do.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:50pm - Jan 6,11 
Dylan Everyone knows and accepts Da as Chicagoese for "The" Da Coach................ Da Bears etc.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:17pm - Jan 6,11 
I tell you what bring yourself out to Blackwell for the Happy Place outing and we'll "da", "my Bad" and "whatev" all day as we eat sausege and catch fish!!!
Seriously, if your ribs are still hurting you I'll be happy to hump your gear and pop a few holes for you. cool?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:29pm - Jan 6,11 
I will try to make that gig. The ribs are getting better by the day. Hope to test them out pretty soon.
I will keep checking to see what date you set. Da wife is having back surgery on the 24th so I would favor the Feb. date but majority rules.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:37pm - Jan 6,11 
Ill be there just confirm whichever date and if getdanet needs an extra hand ill be willing to lend one

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:42pm - Jan 6,11 
Just a note about the 5th, It's the same date as Super Saturday up on Bang's Lake.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:42pm - Jan 7,11 
Will take that into consideration. Problem is it seems that almost every weekend is something or another.
Also, wanted to remind folks that kids are welcome and there is a tubing hill at Blackwell.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:43pm - Jan 7,11 
WOW is 12/12/11....if that is what was being referred to as super saturday on bangs. :lol:

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:44pm - Jan 7,11 
Greg,
I think there is another ice fishing thing going on the weekend before WOW. Same thing happened last year too I believe. No biggie, the fish recover in between.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:08pm - Jan 7,11 
Oh yeah, I think I actually fished in that one as well last year. My apologies EFS.
I will try my best to make this event if it is 2/5.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 11:36pm - Jan 7,11 
I expect to be there. If it's on Jan 29, we will probably not stay the whole day, in order to make the Rosemont show.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:35am - Jan 9,11 
I made sure we didn't interfere with WOW using either date. We will see which date gets the numbers by Monday. If you can only show up for an appearence that would be fine. I'll be bringing hotdogs and sodas again this year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:58pm - Jan 10,11 
Well Feb 5th has a short lead. I'm bumping this just in case.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:44pm - Jan 12,11 
I'll be out at a WCF outing the 5th but goodluck to all you guys! We had pretty good luck with the crappies out there 2 weeks ago.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: