Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:40am - Jan 1,11 
Silver Lake NY, home of at least a few NAIFC competitions, is gonna get a vist from me and the boy. 1st trip out. Gonna stop at the marina for what I consider to be the best blueberry pancakes in NY. Pick up some oak leaf grubs and work our way out and over. Gonna hit some shallow water spots(5 feet or so), and then put some tip ups on the our cups of the weed turns. Should be fun.

Panfish and perch. Some walleye, though scarce. Plenty of pikes, with some large ones in there.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 11:34am - Jan 8,11 
Look forward to the report Mark.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 12:04pm - Jan 8,11 
If it were tomorrow, I'd think about driving over to say hey and catch a perch with you.
As I said last night; there is a lot of ice between Lockport and Lake Ontario that never seems to see an auger.
Does anyone ever fish those ponds along 990 between Millersport and 290 or the ponds off of Ewing? They look so fishy and I have never seen a fisherman working any of them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:57am - Jan 10,11 
The ponds off the 990 between millersport and 290 are part of the University of Buffalo, so may have some access issues. Plus that neighborhood is kinda affluent. Just like going to Glenco and seeing if someone is out on a pond. Finger lakes are less than an hour away, and thats pretty much the hub of ice fishing in western new york.

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Post Posted: 09:54am - Jan 10,11 
I just drove the 990. It floors me. Not a single hole drilled on any one of those ice covered ponds. Lots of ice skating areas shoveled clean but not a single hole drilled on any one of them. these people are missing out on a good thing. on another note; went sledding at the sled hills just east of here. Holy smokes! I didn't want to quit. Those hills are the greatest.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:54pm - Jan 10,11 
Well, a beaten with a hockey stick aint a good thing either. Hockey is SO big out here.

I do miss the hills of the midwest. We had it good. A quick drive in any direction and can find a hill to sled on.

We hit the polarwave snow tubing place in Batavia NY (between rochester and buffalo). Was pretty cool.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: