Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:49pm - Dec 20,10 
went out for the first time on sunday with a buddy and drilled alot more holes than fish caught! had a great time just getting out, but only caught one fish. but to my suprise it was a perch! anyone else ever hear of perch in Maple Lake? it's def a first for me!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:02pm - Dec 20,10 
skunked wrote:
went out for the first time on sunday with a buddy and drilled alot more holes than fish caught! had a great time just getting out, but only caught one fish. but to my suprise it was a perch! anyone else ever hear of perch in Maple Lake? it's def a first for me!
Yep, Perch in Maple Lake, Tampier and Horsetail, all due to illegal stocking. I never caught anything big in any of them, about 7'' max in the 3 aforementioned lakes.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:39pm - Dec 20,10 
Last year i landed some at Horsetail around 5i nches

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:15pm - Dec 20,10 
theres a hole about 100+ yrds off the point on maple by the main parking lot and iv pulled 8" and 9" inperch out there while on the ice with my dadd caught a couple strays at tampier too

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:47am - Dec 21,10 
OZ wrote:
skunked wrote:
Yep, Perch in Maple Lake, Tampier and Horsetail, all due to illegal stocking. I never caught anything big in any of them, about 7'' max in the 3 aforementioned lakes.

My understanding is that perch have been stocked in a bunch of the CCFP lakes, and I have also heard of unannounced 'overstock' being dropped wherever it's convenient for the stocking crew. The perch in Maple were actually stocked earlier this year or late last year by the District, or so I was told last spring.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:59pm - Dec 22,10 
the one we caught was about 8-9 inches, but skinny, so we just threw em back down the hole hoping to run into more of his bigger friends. unfortunatly we didnt. hopefully i'll get a chance to catch some more and some good crappie torwards the beginning of january. wish i could get out sooner, but i'll be on-call from the 26th to the 7th of january :(

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:32am - Jan 4,11 
LiveBaitNinja wrote:
My understanding is that perch have been stocked in a bunch of the CCFP lakes, and I have also heard of unannounced 'overstock' being dropped wherever it's convenient for the stocking crew. The perch in Maple were actually stocked earlier this year or late last year by the District, or so I was told last spring.
Talked to a CCFP biologist recently and they do not stock Perch and even they are surprised on how many lakes they find them in. Long story short, illegal stocking.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:11pm - Jan 4,11 
Let them stock some more legal or not.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:46pm - Jan 4,11 
On the CCFP website it says that they stocked maple with perch.
http://www.fpdcc.com/tier3.php?content_ ... le=map_67p

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:09am - Jan 5,11 
KJD_0214 wrote:
On the CCFP website it says that they stocked maple with perch.
http://www.fpdcc.com/tier3.php?content_ ... le=map_67p
Alas, that 'blue book' is wayyyyyyyy out of date. Perhaps 30 years ago they did but I have talked to the head biologists over the last 10 years or so and no perch have been stocked. If you look at the Arrowhead map it states they stock it with channel catfish. About 5 or so years back they put catfish habitats in (capped PVC tubes to emulate hollow tree trunks) and the biologist told me the next step was to get catfish LOL. Seemed they haven't shocked one/seen one in years (there were some big bullheads in there). Last I heard they still hadn't done it.

Anywho, if you go to the shows look for the CCFP booth and BS with them. You may (or may not) get some useful 4-1-1

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05pm - Jan 5,11 
maybe the perch got there naturally rather than illegally.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: