Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11am - Jul 31,12 
My fishing club is hosting a FREE kids fishing derby this Saturday. There's absolutely no cost involved! Bait (minnows and crawlers) will be provided. Prizes (usually rods and tackle boxes) are awarded for the most fish and the biggest fish in each age category. The pond was fantastic last year with the winners catching double digit numbers of fish in an hour and everyone catching at least something. The three kids I measured for caught 25-30 fish in that hour and had me running. Several nice bass were caught too. A boy I was measuring for last year lost a big bass (3-4lb) right at the shore. We'll have hot dogs and chips for lunch afterwards. Hope to see some of you there!

Here's the info from the Southtown:

The Reel Men of New Life Church in New Lenox will host their fourth annual free fishing outing for youths Aug. 4 at Nelson Prairie in New Lenox, approximately a half mile south of Laraway Road on the east side of Nelson Road.

Registration starts at 9:15 a.m. with fishing starting at 10 a.m. and concluding about 11 a.m.

Awards will be given in several age categories.
Lunch will be served after the awards ceremony.

Parents accompanying a child should have a current state fishing license which are available at Walmart or Kmart.
Reel Men will have a few extra poles and bait available as well as assistance.
Information: http://www.nlcreelmen.org or email nlcreelmen@comcast.net.

Board index » Community Corner » Special Events
Jump to: