Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:47pm - Jun 16,10 
I'm trying to find some places to Volunteer to help with kids learning to fish, i have talked to some people about helping out a school in sept. but I'm looking to do some more after i get done doing my training, ends July 17th, just want to get out and help, I've looked on the site and haven't seen anything going on in the last few weeks, just wondering if some one had a fish derby or something like that or even a PE teacher that needs help teaching how to fish, i say kids but teen, people with special needs anything like that, any info i would greatly appreciate

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:30pm - Jun 16,10 
Hi Chance, Not related for you volunteering, but are you and the kids going to Sgt. Tommy's Kids outing this saturday?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:23pm - Jun 16,10 
Get hooked in the fun at the 15th Annual Tuna Kahuna on Saturday, June 19th, 2010

The FREE fishing contest is for children ages 15 and under who live in South Elgin and its surrounding communities. Registration begins at 8am with the first lines being thrown in the Fox River at 9am. Every child who registers will receive a prize. The child who catches the largest fish will receive a trophy and a 1-day full-guided service from Stoked Charters of South Elgin. All participants must bring their own fishing equipment and be accompained by an adult. The event will take place along the banks of the Fox River at Panton Mill Park (across from Village Hall).

For additional information call Parks & Recreation at 847-622-0003

We need volunteers to help check in kids b4 fishing at 8am and also to work at weigh stations to help measure and identify fish as they are caught.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:46pm - Jun 16,10 
Chance the boys are looking for you.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:24am - Oct 12,10 
Chance,
I am going to be needing a ton of help between now and Christmas.
I am on a mission to get a 9 year old boy who has Stage 4 Alveolar Rhabdomyoxarcoma and his family to Biloxi to go deepsea fishing. My goal is to make his dream, reality. It is my hope to present him with the trip Christmas.
You can read his story at caringbridges.org/visit/noahrios
Make sure to have weeping towels present. What he has been going through the last year is just unbelieveable.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Oct 12,10 
The correct link for the CaringBridge story on Noah is: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahrios
For those not familiar with it, CaringBridge is a free site that allows parents/patients to share their voyage with severe medical conditions, mostly kids, with friends and family. Sometimes it a pressure release for a parent. My knowledge of CaringBridge comes from a firefighter I work with and his family.
The patient, their 3 yo daughter, passed away this August at the age of 3.. diagnosed with cancer at the age of nine months.

Fishnfacts, what kind of help are you looking for?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:47am - Oct 13,10 
MorseRunner,
I want to thank you for your inquiries.
There will be several things going on. Right now I am waiting on a phone call that will define the path that I will need to take. Don't want to blurt it out of fear off jinxing it. LOL I should know in the next day or two, however I will say that this will be huge for Noah and his family.
Just a few things that will be coming down the road in the next couple of months will be:

Pig Roast or roasts, which every is need,
Raffles
Fishing event
National Media Attention

If anyone knows the Rios Family please keep this under your hat as this is hopefully going to be a Christmas Present to Noah and his family.

One person I contacted for help asked me " Why would you do this, Do you know what it will take to pull this off"
I answered, " Noah and I pulling this off is nothing compared to what Noah has to pull off everyday!"

I truely still believe in the good of mankind and this being "Pulled Off" is the least of my worries. I worry that there will be another young child that has no one in thier corner and because of that worry I will not stop at Noah.

Again Thank You

Ron

Profile WWW  

Board index » Community Corner » Special Events
Jump to: