Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:25pm - Oct 26,16 
Pannie Popper wrote:
Really Slow.

Slow is how I catch most of my +8 pound bass in Florida, so its ok with me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:26pm - Oct 26,16 
duncan wrote:
Lake Michigan can be very humbling for smallies in the fall. If you aren't very mobile to keep moving around to find the fish you could end up with a few zero fish days.

I will keep this in mind, thank you for your help.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:27pm - Oct 26,16 
Capt.RalphSteiger wrote:
Just my advice. Fall is a awesome time of year for smallmouth but it's a terrible time for a shore fisherman since the fish seem to move out to deeper, more main lake areas. If your going to try I would suggest fishing blade baits or 3/8 oz. tubes that time of year. You must stay on or near the bottom at all times. Fish the tubes very slow on the bottom at all times, cast the blade baits as far as you can in random areas, keep it moving at all times.

I updated my site if you guys are bored check it out. Lots more pics to come. http://www.captainsteiger.com/pages/cur ... ssions.php

Thank you for your help. Let me know when you if you plan on going fishing to South Florida in the next couple months.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:32pm - Oct 26,16 
Danno21 wrote:
If weather stays warm the dupage river is a good spot for smallies . I have a canoe we could use . I've never fished the dupe in November , but based on reports on this site I've seen smallest caught that time of year , I don't fish that river often , it's a bit of a mission for me coming from the city , but have had some very good days there . As far as shore fishing on the big Lake , that's a bad time of year , if your willing to spend the money there are guides that can take you offshore, talk to Capt Ralph .... hit me up with a PM . I'll be happy to take you fishing . Also gonna be in Miami for a few days after Thanksgiving to visit my cousin , but Going to spend a few days fishing the canals down there for peacocks . It would be awesome to have a local to fish with .

Thank you for your help. Send me a PM with your email and I will send you information about Peacock Bass fishing in South Florida. They are a extremely fun to catch and fight much harder than largemouth bass. I have land based spots that are loaded with Peacock Bass where you have a good chance of catching a +5 pound Peacock Bass.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:55pm - Oct 31,16 
Thanks everyone who offered me help, my fishing trip to Illinois was a great success. In 1.5 days I caught lots of fish, with the biggest 2 being a 43 inch Muskie and 19 inch Bass I caught from the shore. Caught the Muskie on my first day of fishing and the bass on the short trip on the second day. Will send PM's to those who offered me good advice.

-Travelingfisherman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:58pm - Oct 31,16 
PM's sent

-Travelingfisherman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:26pm - Oct 31,16 
I released every single fish I caught during my vacation in Illinois. The 43 inch Muskie I caught was extremely healthy and the 19 inch Bass I caught was so fat it looked like a football.You guys have very good fishing in your state. Thank you for all your help!

-Travelingfisherman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:15pm - Oct 31,16 
Sounds like you had a great time, you did better in 1.5 days than I've done in the last few months!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:57am - Nov 1,16 
Glad to hear you had a great trip! I'm just curious, where did you end up fishing (generally)? Fox river, DuPage, or somewhere else?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:33pm - Nov 1,16 
Come on, you got post some pics! Awesome fish!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:52pm - Nov 2,16 
jhillman17 wrote:
Sounds like you had a great time, you did better in 1.5 days than I've done in the last few months!

Thank you! I spent over 2 months researching Illinois fishing before fishing in Illinois. Your state has great fishing, with lots of hard fighting game fish.

-Travelingfisherman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:59pm - Nov 2,16 
Handler wrote:
Come on, you got post some pics! Awesome fish!

Thank you for sending me a PM earlier last week about Bass fishing tactics in Illinois. I sent you a PM of my email. Let me know when you plan on fishing in South Florida and I will show you plenty of pictures in person of the Muskie and Bass I caught in Illinois, as well as other pictures of Florida game fish. You are very fortunate to have great Muskie fishing in your state!

-Travelingfisherman

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:29pm - Nov 2,16 
Pics or it never happened bruh

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:11pm - Nov 3,16 
POGTFO!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:50pm - Mar 10,17 
anyone finding smallmouth on the lake front recently?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:46pm - Mar 10,17 
probably still pretty early for SMB to be near shore.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:35pm - Mar 11,17 
Vuko285 wrote:
anyone finding smallmouth on the lake front recently?

Will let you know in a couple weeks since I am going for another fishing vacation in Illinois.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:29pm - Mar 12,17 
Just reports of coho and perch but havent heard of any smallies...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:38pm - May 6,17 
I am a little late to post my most recent Illinois fishing report, but its better late than never. Went fishing for a couple days in April and caught some nice muskies,smallies,largemouth bass,white bass, and other species of fish in various northern Illinois rivers. The water level was very high and the water was a muddy brown color. The 2 Muskies I caught this trip where citation sized, just like my first Muskie in October.1 of smallies was citation sized and the rest where normal to decent sized.Caught other citation sized fish as well in these 2 fishing trips.Overall I had a great time fishing in Illinois and I would consider going back.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:13pm - May 6,17 
I believe we are gettin punked

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: