Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:01am - Jun 14,13 
I have lived in Orland Park now for about (3) years and I am not at all impressed with our forest preserve lakes, but everyone here says that local ponds are much better.

The thing is that I don't want to trespass or fish where I am not supposed to. There a couple of ponds near my home at Orland Brook Dr. & 86th Ave.

Are there any restrictions here? I see there is some sort of a community pool area on Goggle Earth that I can park at if fishing is allowed.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:01pm - Jun 14,13 
no signs= good to go. "theres fishing here... isnt there??" thats the line i use if someone comes to yell at me. as long as your not leaving garbage or drinking, the worse that can happen is someone says you cant fish there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:33am - Jun 15,13 
Courtesy, respect, and a willingness to leave when asked go a long way. Keeping a sharp eye out for the dreaded "No Fishing" signs is also a must. Some of these folks get VERY upset..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Jun 17,13 
If ur talkin about the 2 ponds on Orlan Brook Dr, i wouldn't waste my time. i live down the block from there. those ponds used to be great years ago but i dont know what happened to them. If you do end up fishing there let me know how you do

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:50am - Jun 17,13 
Orland Park has some decent ponds. I met the guy in charge of the village ponds a few years ago and he said that it was his goal for Orland to have the best fishing ponds around. The public park ponds actually have signs that say "Fishing Allowed", but it's C&R only. I used to have an apartment on Orlan Brook, but I never fished those ponds. The big one is surrounded by private property and I don't think the little one is deep enough to hold much. You're better off driving a few minutes down to Lake Sedgewick.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: