Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:17pm - Jul 29,10 
Slow bite today fishing from shore - saw alot of big fish, but they weren't interested. Tried everything (dropshotting plastics), finally picked-up an attractive LM Bass on Gulp Green Goby. Regardless of the Slow fishing, the Scenery was beautiful, as Usual. :twisted:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:46pm - Jul 29,10 
I've been reading your posts man- they're great. Keep 'em coming and keep up the good fishing. I only really hit the Big Lake from shore for the fall salmon run but you're starting to motivate me to try n locate those bronzebacks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:00pm - Jul 29,10 
Thanks slobosaur.....All you need is a bike, a backpack, and a 2-Piece ultralight. The lakefront is all yours. The best spots I have found are only accessible by bike (or a long walk).

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48am - Aug 3,10 
That's exactly how I gear up for the Kings in the fall (except trade out the 2 piece ultralight for a 2 piece 7'6" med action spinning rod). I'll have to get out there and give it a go soon!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Aug 3,10 
Thanks for the report! I have got to get down there some time soon. If you ever want to hit these areas and more with me and my boat shoot me a pm. I love fishing for smallies!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21am - Aug 4,10 
I shouldn't get mad because my wife tells me so.....but, the other day I was at my favorite (secret) spot and a guy rolls-up on his bike when he sees me fighting a fish. A nice guy, we chatted for a while and he assured me the spot would remain a secret, but he would surely return to fish it.
Fine - no problem - all in the name of discovery.....The problem I have is when I return and that same guy is standing on the very same rock I fish from, with his friends, none of whom are on a bike. They've also got three smallies frothing-up inside a duffle bag. Now there are three men fishing in a restricted area (including me). In a matter of minutes the police arrive and asked us ALL to leave. WTF. I never had that problem before when I was alone, and discreet. So much for a secret. Anyone else as protective of fishing spots they've found as me, or am I nuts?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:36am - Aug 4,10 
You are right on with that one. I try to hide my fish when I see other people around. It's disgusting to think they were keeping "your" fish. Makes me sick! I believe smallmouth are trophies to be caught over and over again. No matter what size! At least they were caught but it sucks you were with them at the time. You'll find a new spot soon enough.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:06pm - Aug 4,10 
you aint nuts happens all the time,lost a great spot on the river the same way,only difference was the guys that swarmed my spot caused hundreds of dollars in damages to the wooden docks that I had permission to fish from. good luck and keep posting!

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: