Poll: Well son I think? (choose up to four)

Poll ended at 07:51am - Jun 15,10
You're right on the money. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
You're close but no cigar (don't quit your day job). 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Ok so I'll take you out sometime and show you how to really fish. 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Wind is going to be wrong. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pressure is wrong. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Temp is wrong. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Moon is wrong. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
All this weather talk is just silly. Don't matter what it's like. 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
I'll post my experience this weekend and let you know then. 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51am - Jun 11,10 
Alright guys and gals, after reviewing several weather sites, sitting in on the morning news weather forecasts, and visiting several websites and magazines. I have a prediction.

I have come to the conclusion that this weekend is going be one of the best weekends of fishing this year. Even if you don't get up real early. The moon is going to be overhead in the late morning till evening. The wind is going to be blowing but not enough to cause too much wave action. AND it's finally supposed to change to the west/SW/NW depending on where you are. The pressure should be good all weekend. We won't have an excess of sun or rain. It will be nice and humid. The local ponds, smaller lakes, and rivers should all be either normal or just above normal depths. I'll leave the big water to those more experienced than I ;however, I did check and the waves are supposed to be in the 1 to 2 ft range.

According to the BM rag the best day of the month for fishing is supposed to be Saturday with today and Sunday right behind. They suggest using soft plastics on deep breaks and edges. Then switching to reaction baits later. I don't see why (especially if it's cloudy) you wouldn't try some reaction baits throughout the day. As well as throwing a few spinners and jigs especially in stained or muddy water. AND catfishing and live bait fishing should be hot as well.

* REMEMBER THIS *
There is some chance of rain/thunderstorms this weekend so be prepared to pull anchor/lines and get to safety. No fish is worth getting zapped over (wait 30min after last thunder to start fishing again)
The bugs are really starting to come out so don't forget your repellent.
The sun can burn even (especially) if it's cloudy. The UV index is going to be very HI this weekend so don't forget sunscreen.
It's going to be hot so throw some drinks in that cooler or backpack and keep hydrated.

I'm personally going to bounce between local ponds and the dupage river this weekend in between honeydo's and garden duties.

GOOD FISHING FOLKS!!!

So what do you think?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:43am - Jun 11,10 
Dennis here is my take on this weather thing. Its called a weather forecasting stone. Hang it on a string outside and look for these conditions. Stone is wet its raining. Stone is dry no rain yet. Stone is gone tornado went thru or high winds. But weather does have effect on fishing success but ya gotta go when you can go. They are getting some Perches in waukegan finally from shore also. So no matter what have fun stay safe and go fishing.
GLGF always,
fin

P.S. this has proven to be 100% accurate LOL.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:46pm - Jun 13,10 
Well it hasn't exactly worked out as planned. I didn't get out as much as I wanted this weekend but when i did I had good numbers.
Just got back from a little pond near my house with Bill (cdxdog) who had a couple of minnows to drown. We setup around 12:30 and fished till about 3:15. Had to go cause we heard thunder; however, we did manage to hook around 20 or so bass in that time. Mostly smaller ones but a few keepers. It was a little slower than this morning when they were smacking the topwater and shallow running jerkbaits.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: