Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40pm - Jun 1,10 
I live very close to Burnham harbor and have been going there for several days trying to catch smallmouth. I have been using mostly green grub tubes and some gobie plastics. I think I have had some smallie hits but have not been able to bring any in. Is Burnham just not the ideal location for Smallies or am I doing something wrong? What conditions am I looking for? Also, what is the preferred retrieve for plastics? I have mostly been casting out pretty far and jigging back in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Andy

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:05pm - Jun 2,10 
Andy,

Its not just you. The last few days (since the full moon) have been extreamly tough. I saw about 100-150 smallmouths yesterday that were not interested in anything. They were all post spawn fish that were suspended in 16 ft of water. Even males on bed were hard to catch. They just wouldn't sit still. We caught most of out fish on wacky rigging senkos. Good luck.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Jun 5,10 
Thanks a lot Capt. Ralph! I have been experiencing the same thing lately. It's good to know that I am not necessarily doing something wrong. Hopefully they start biting soon!

Andy

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:55pm - Jun 14,10 
Andy,
My son and I were out on Saturday 6/12 and saw the same thing as Capt. Ralph. We launched in Burnham and fished the break walls (inside) of Monroe Harbour, rock piles around Navy Pier and even went up the river a ways. We saw plenty of smallies but just couldn't get their attention. We were throwing tubes (pumpkin seed) and Erie Darters (gobie) and only got one smallie on the tube. Their there just not interested right now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:52pm - Jun 15,10 
White / Pearl color is working right now - any plastic or crank between 1-1/2" to 2-1/2" long seems to be attracting them.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Bass
Jump to: