Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:42pm - Mar 22,16 
Went out to the planetarium with a buddy to day for a nice after noon p-line session. The couple of old-timers we talked to hard marginal success and not much to encourage our endeavor. We had the first line set around 2 pm . While I was messing around fixing my weights, our first silver hit the line way out. Things slowed up after my buddy missed his first bell ringer. The same thing happened to me shortly after. After that we had hot action landing a couple of doubles and one single. While my buddy was sorting out our line after one of our missed hook ups, I landed a double and netted both buy my self. As I started rebating my line, about three hooks down the line off shore, a nice 8 lb brown slammed the line and put up a nice fight. Over all, we went 7 for 10, with 6 coho and 1 brown trout. Good luck to everyone as the action starts heating up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:43am - Mar 23,16 
Great!!! Sounds like you had the luck with you. Further north, seems like we took the brunt of the southerly brisk winds, but each of us managed to bring in a couple of cohos, but it took a lot of patience, and other than the mid morning feeding, slow. Will be trying again soon. Lots of rod and reelers out, hooking up from time to time, but most going home empty handed. They do have fun though with their catch!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:11am - Mar 23,16 
Sounds like a great afternoon! Congrats.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40am - Mar 23,16 
I appreciate the feed back. Good luck out there guys. :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:35pm - Mar 23,16 
Montrose was kind of productive also. Early morning limits, then early afternoon limits as well. Mostly coho, about same small sizes like last year, but with a few nice ones mixed in. When a bunch of guys are getting doubles or a few guys next to each other get hit at the same time, you know the fish are showing up in schools. They are definitely back, it is just a matter of being there at the right time and the right wind/current combination.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond » Powerlining
Jump to: