Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:45am - Sep 2,17 
First one in not yet but it official we are now Thunder jet boat dealer
soon very soon
not totally sure how it all works with them yet but I am impressed with their boats
no! we are not quitting Hewescraft but we probably wont be stocking any Hewes sportsman or pro V models
These boats are not the best fit for our market "not the best choice for big open water" "lake Michigan and lake Erie "
The Thunder jet 186 rush is the equivalent in price and size to sportsman and has a 14deg dead rise that gives a very significantly better ride on our big water and a transferable life time warranty on hull Hewes warranty is only life time to original owner

so I keep getting call to answer the question
whats up with thunder jet boats? T
hey dont call this boat a "RUSH" with out a good reason Any one ever heard of a boat with a lifetime transferable hull warranty?
any one ever heard of a boat that will fit in most std metro garage and still be comfortable and safe offshore ?
coupled with a e-tec 10 year motor warranty this is truly a worry free boat for the long term enjoyment
boat motor and trailer package starting at 33354.00 with Honda 115 power does not include freight or dealer prep NEED TO GET PRICE UNDER 30 K WE CAN PIUT A SUZUKIT ON BACK
oh boy! we are ready to shake it up with this boat Cant wait to hear the bull POOP my competitors have to say about this boat like the bull crap I had to hear when I first brought Hewescraft to the mid west

ready to buy come see me !

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29pm - Sep 2,17 
wheres the hardtop picture?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06am - Sep 4,17 
@ CALUMET MARINE we have been selling hewes craft north west style boats for almost 17 years now
and often we have had requests for some thing a little different
like for example what color seats can I get ?
The hewes craft answer is "grey and grey"
THAT JUST DONT CUT IT WHEN ITS A SMALL REQUEST TO KEEP THE WIFE HAPPY !
thunder jet offers options not available any where else like for example
different colors interior seating
hard top configurations 1/2 hard top 3/4 hard top full hard top with gull wing hatch
EVEN WAKE BOARD TOWER'S
couple different transom bracket configuration's optional kicker mounting to better accept/performing tr1 on kicker
LIFE TIME TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY = greatly increases resale value
they have promised me a 20-22' aluminum cc with a aggressive bottom and a more fwd. mounted console better applicaple for our water and fishing
all stuff Hewes craft wont do WE ARE NOT DROPPING HEWESCRAFT we are still stocking them but I suspect the custome platform will be switching to thunder jet for all the above reasons and more YES WE SELL A STOCK BOAT @ COMPETITIVE PRICING
@ calumet marine we take custom rigging seriously ONE BOAT AT A TIME WE HOPE TO TAKE THIS CUSTOMIZING TO YET ANOTHER LEVEL WITH THUNDER JET
ORDER YOUR'S NOW WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME FOR A SPRING DELIVERY ALL CUSTOM BOAT's TAKE A BUNCH OF EXTRA TIME TO RIG AND MAKE READY
A couple hard top pictures

Profile WWW  

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 06:45pm - Sep 5,17 
Pis look nice. Is it another west coast style boat?

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30pm - Sep 6,17 
John Mannerino wrote:
Pis look nice. Is it another west coast style boat?

yes it is a norh west style boat
the rush series is a 18' that will fit in std garage (with swing tounge) and handle big water with a aggressive dead rise and lifting streaks
frank

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:06am - Sep 8,17 
Took a look at Thunder Jet and they look like solid boats. Hope the line does real well for you Frank.
The fact that a 20-22 ft. cc is coming has me very interested, can't wait to see that boat!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38am - Sep 8,17 
ltrain wrote:
Took a look at Thunder Jet and they look like solid boats. Hope the line does real well for you Frank.
The fact that a 20-22 ft. cc is coming has me very interested, can't wait to see that boat!

besides the ride of the 18' class boat that inevitably end up on lake Michigan or lake erie
thunder jet has promised me to do a lot more of the custom stuff I like to do to that better adapts a bot to the customers application
Thunder jet don't ask dumb questions like
What do you need a gun locker for ?
or what do you need 12 pole holders for ?
what do need more room on the dash for?
what do you need a bigger fish box for ?
what do you mean generator to make coffee and run a air conditioner ?
no one does that
air conditioner no one does that ?
guess what this is what the customer asked for !

if it possible we are taking custom boat rigging to a whole new level any thing that can be done rite/custom in the first place ends up saving money
for example: if I can order a boat with out and vinyl or stickers on the side I don't have to take the time or money to remove it for a camo paint job
= 900.00 savings for a quackery whacker boat as we call the duck boat we have been building for lake Michigan duck hunters
a little help from the factory and could have saved this guy a couple thousand bucks on this boat and delivered a better product

also excited about being the only thunder jet dealer offering Evinrude motors

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:32pm - Sep 9,17 
Boat sales taxes Did you know ?
In some states (Illinois NOT included) Indiana and Michigan for sure
you are only taxed on the licensed motor vehicles that is the boat and trailer OUT BOARD motors are considered a accessories when the boat is purchased out of state you can legally avoid paying sales tax on expensive items like outboard motors

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:59am - Oct 1,17 
its official
We are Now thunder jet Dealer
some things as simple as Interior colors are now available
as it is with any Boat builders some custom items will still be added by the crew at calumet marine
but we will continue the battle to have affordable functional options we need here in the midwest added as needed.
now have the pricing if any one is interested
THE #1 REASON FOR ADDING THUNDER JET
(THE 186) A afordable 18' boat that's built handle LM extremely well better than any 18 i have ever seen before other brand we are used to seeing here in the mid west
WITH A GREAT ENTRY LEVEL PRICE COMPARED TO 18 LUND FOR EXAMPLE OR Any
thunder jet is a sister co of lund has the same president and shares a commitment to fresh water anglers
in a way no other boat can the first essential collaboration between N/W style boat and fresh water with a focus on big fresh water
FIRST OF ITS KIND ! ASSURED TO BE A WINNING COMBINATION
LIMITED PRODUCTION! GET YOUR ORDER IN NOW FOR SPRING DELIVERY

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:55am - Oct 4,17 
ahh the sound of a big block on the throttle !!
does it get any better than that?
only when you add the sound of screaming drag to is with a king on the hook

fast is fun

video
youtu.be/9oprBrtFzwg

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:13am - Nov 17,17 
ltrain wrote:

looks like we will have a couple at the Chicago show in January in the mercury corporate booth
one big off shore and a 18 rush edition
( I am crazy excited about this little boats off shore capabilities you have to take one for a ride in 4's to believe it)
I will be there working for mercury representing the boat line
I am at this point the only dealer offering the boat with new to me mercury but also Honda Evinrude Suzuki
not sure if I will have one to display at the Tinley show but will have TJ and Hewes next to each other at the Arlington race track show late march

I am not one to recommend one boat over another its more about picking the rite boat for your application
two things that have driven this decision to carry both lines the most
#1 the 186 thunder jet is the only 18' boat I feel is worthy of offshore fishing on the Great Lakes with a much improved ride in snotty water over a hewes craft because of the aggressive bottom design of the boat
#2 thunder jet offers a much nicer and more options of interior seating colors etc to make the wife happy for those of us that have that need to include the wife in the decision process of buying a boat this is a huge deal closer
you know what they say "moms not happy no one is happy". very true when buying house car and boats

frank

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:35pm - Nov 20,17 
Sounds great, have to check out that boat at the shows for sure. Hey Frank any word or pictures of that 20-22 foot center console? That's the one I really want to see!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:31am - Nov 21,17 
ltrain wrote:
Sounds great, have to check out that boat at the shows for sure. Hey Frank any word or pictures of that 20-22 foot center console? That's the one I really want to see!

This is the concept only no pictures YET
some thing along the lines/between the green one pictured above or the 22 pictured below with a true off shore capability
in the 70s and orly 80s there where a couple boat co making 20-22 aluminum cc boats
these boat are still sought after and guys will spend more money fixing them it would cost to buy new if some one built it
this bring me to this project
we want a big boat on the Luxor hull with some options as far as where we can pu the e cc in the boat for example salt water guys want a t top and console mounted aft
Great Lakes guys want the cc mounted fwd to fish the back of the boat duck hunters hunting Lake Michigan often want the big tiller boats need a big boat with a aggressive Botton for big water some thing with 15 deg dead rise aft at least
have had a lot of salt water guys asking for this type boat as well with the heavy aluminum construction

WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE ?
OUR SPECIALITY IS CUSTOM BOAT TO FIT YOUR NEEDS NO ONE BOAT WILL DO EVERY THING BUT ONE BOAT CAN BE SET UP MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND BECAUSE WE PROBABLY WONT SELL A TON OF THESE BOATS WE WILL NEED IT TO FIT MULTIPLE APPLICATION
***********. PLEASE ANY ONE WITH ANY IDEAS LETS HER IT. !!!!************************
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO HELP DESIGN "THE BOAT" !!!!

STOP BY OVER THE HOLIDAYS WE HAVE ALL THE NEW BOAT INSIDE FOR GUYS TO CHECK OUT LIMITED HOURS SO CALL AHEAD WILL BE CLOSED THIS WEEK FOR THANKSGIVING

Profile WWW  

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Now a Message from our Sponsor's
Jump to: