Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:12am - Oct 14,10 
Bassin was slow by Springfield so I head down to Murphysboro/Marion area. It was hit and mostly misses down south too. I fished Waverly Lake , Lake Centralia then headed to Jacksoville for a day by Springfield. Fishing was slow and no sign of shad so when I stayed around the ramp for the weigh-in of a Thursday night tournament on super Bass Lake Jacksonville, After the results, I knew it was time to head south. I think I caught 12 bass all under 14 inches in 2 days. I stayed in the campground on Lake Murphysboro(nice) and shad were pop'n everywhere on the lake. It was in the mid 80's for about 5 days straight with 4 days of no wind, NO wind. I caught several nice Basss in a deep water cove at daybreak but the next day they were not there.I fished in the dark with black buzzers and then again at daybreak with my white buzzer but they did not come back for another Breakfast. The fishing was slow for everyone but there was a few nice spots you would find during a days fishing. fair fishing was on Cedar for 3 days and good fishing was on LOE for a day.I also fished a evening on Murphysboro and caught 12 nice 12/13 incherz on the shoreline rocks with a shad color 100 bandit. It was a good trip with nice weather before I put my boat away for our long Cold Winter.I plan on going back down there in a week if my job is delayed another week. Missed Lakes this trip, Vandiala, Greenville, Pittsfield, Site M, and another 2 secret lakes that I forgot. Roy

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:39am - Oct 14,10 
Good stuff Roy.

I love Jacksonville! We hit it in early August this year and still caught some nice fish. I've heard of some ridiculous limits getting caught there at certain times of the year. I'm scheduling a trip down there next year for sure.

Your report made me feel a little better. We hit Newton this past weekend and we could only catch short fish. Water still in the mid 70s to 80 on the cold water side. Gonna get down there in another or so. Good fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:58pm - Oct 14,10 
Paul, That road at the entrance of the Lake that goes over the Highway(north) on your way back to Jacksonville. There is a Diner/Restaurant that is in front of the Hotels(?). This diner is about 3 blocks north of that Major east/west Highway. Good Home cookin for good prices. I got a chicken fried steak sandwich with 2 sides. The steak was about 1/2lb along with a big scoop of REAL Mash potatoes and a real nice side salad. All for the price of. . . . . .. . . . . . . $4.55, monster desert choices.....homemade pies....But they were expensive $2.75 a slice.....hehe

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03am - Oct 15,10 
I'll have to check that place out Roy. We went to a Chinese Buffet in Jacksonville which was unbelievable. I'm not a big Chinese Buffet guy but this place was great- wish I remembered the name for you. We stayed at the Blackhawk Lodge which was the nicest $50 motel I've ever stayed at. Not great parking but good enough. I'm going to probably get down there next June before the water gets too warm and the bass are still relatively shallow. Good fishing.

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: