Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:45am - Sep 27,10 
John Ardaugh, Joliet, Il. Local 174 and Larry Landers Gardner, Illinois Local 916 1st place and Big Bass Dennis Price Jr. Tingley Park local 141 and Dennis Price 111 Franklin, Illinois Local 434 2nd place and third
place Rodney Goss Sullivan, Illinois Local 742 and Bruce Schmidt Local 16 from Decatur, Illinois.

The Annual Bass Tournament was held on Lake Shelbyville, by the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Saturday 9/25/2010. 106 fisherman representing 30 Locals found the bass hungry. The water level
was almost normal summer pool with good clarity and 72 degree surface temperature. The bass were caught several ways including plastic, rubber worms, and crank baits. A lot of the teams were surprised at
the number of walleyes being caught during the tournament and pre-fishing.

First place honors went to the team of John Ardaugh, Local 174 from Joliet, Illinois and partner Larry Landers from Gardner, Illinois Local 916 with 4 fish scaling 10.76 pounds. They also had the big bass of the
tournament a 6.51 pounds. John and Larry were using Gulp plastic and caught their fish in about 12 feet of water. 2nd place team of Dennis Price Jr. Local 141 from Tinley Park, Illinois, and Dennis Price 111 Local
434 from Franklin, Illinois with 10.38 pounds, and another big bass scaling 6.28 pounds. Third Place honors went to the team of Rodney Goss, Local 742 from Sullivan, Illinois and Bruce Schmidt, Local 16 from
Decatur, Illinois with 7.90 pounds.

A total of 74 fish was scaled weighing 135 pounds and released live back into the Lake

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:54pm - Sep 27,10 
Thanks for the report BK, I always wanted to fish that tourney, just don't have a boat, & couldn't hook up with one. Local 54.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:13pm - Sep 27,10 
Glad to hear you guys had a successful outing! Congrats to the winners.

I was hoping that Shelbyville was making a comeback. My buddy had some good outings there earlier in the year where a bunch of fish were caught. But 106 fishermen catching 74 keepers with a less than 2 lb average is pretty lousy if you ask me. It would be great if that lake started to produce like it used to!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:48pm - Sep 28,10 
Thanks for posting Bob. We finally caught one on pay day. I still say we would catch more fish later in the year.
Now to get ready for the walleye tourny in the spring.see you there bob.
Usually the directors try to get everyone out on the water so please sign up and fish with us next year.
I have fished this event since 1986. out of so many other peoples boats i have lost count. The point to
this annual event is strengthen the brotherhood. And to win a bag of WWWWOOORRRMMMMSSSSS....

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: