Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20am - May 16,10 
Got a tournament coming up in a few weeks never fished there before and want get some info on lake and go to lures

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:43pm - May 16,10 
Mill Creek is a very stumpy lake. Most of the fingers have standing timber. As the water Temps rise a " Mat ring " develops around the first 20 feet of shore almost around the entire shoreline.The Lake is very abundant in shad and crappie. There are some extremely large bass in this lake. I caught a 7+ pounder while fishing an IMTT Muskie tournament out there with a 9 inch glide bait. If I were to have only two rods to fish out there on a sunny day, It would be:

#1- 7-8ft flippin stick with strong enough braid to punch through the edge of the "Mat" rigged with an 6-10 inch power worm in watermelon purple or red.

#2- Crankbait rod with an assorment of shallow and deep lipped crankbaits in any shad pattern to cover ground in the fingers of timber and paralell with that " Mat ".

There are also open water and deep point fish but not until the water temps get real hot. The launch fee is also outrageous. Thats probably why we quit fishing it. Good luck hope some of this helps. :drink

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:08pm - May 16,10 
yeah tsull just forget about that lake i hear this kid jim oneil knows all its secrets and he's not telling anyone

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:41am - May 17,10 
Hope you get some good fishing- I've seen that lake on fire with a lot of 5-6 lb bass being caught and I've seen Ts were a couple 15" fish are enough. I would definitely have a jig and a variety of creature baits for pitching the laydowns, a buzzbait, and a horny toad or some other frog bait for around the matted shoreline weeds especially early. I'd also have a swim jig tied on too. Mill Creek is a very pretty lake with a lot of cuts and points but it is not very consistent but when it is on it is fantastic. Enjoy it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:30pm - May 17,10 
thanks this should help

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:34pm - May 17,10 
bassman whens the last time u caught a fish jim and did u see my jimmy fish in the last tourney lol, besides at the pond u fish everyday

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19pm - May 17,10 
I hear next year to get onto the marist fishing team you have to have caught a real fish ,look's like that team is not going to be very big, two of there top three kids are graduating , also heard they have a new coach coming in next year, know's his stuff.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:52am - May 18,10 
Point the new coach in my direction. Being a Marist alum, I'd love to help out. I traded a couple emails with Coach Gervais but nothing materialized.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:33pm - Jun 18,10 
thanks guys the info help i took 5th place at the tournament your info helped

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:24pm - Jun 18,10 
Could youtell us where Mill creek Lake is? Sounds like it could be a fun lake for grandkids what with the crappie & bass. Thanks

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: