Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:03pm - Jan 9,19 
Me and my younger brother are heading there next weekend and hoping to catch and release a few green backs. Any push in the right direction will be appreciated.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41pm - Jan 10,19 
Buddy said they were biting in morning but was slow otherwise. It was sunny and warm and water was 52°F. He said a lot of boats out so they are biting but probably should have been in the coves instead of chasing fish around the spillway. Said lot of shad at spillway and white bass on cranks, better on pitching wood out in fingers.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:49pm - Jan 15,19 
Appreciate the help, we’re still going even with the weather so we’ll see... thanks again rr

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:59pm - Jan 22,19 
Well we went, fished Thursday and Friday. Found water from 50-70 degrees. Fishing was good. Ripple shads and 360gts did most of the work. White bass seem a plenty in that lake, in a good way. And large mouth were not to shy either. We found the most success in water that was rt around 60, so 58, 62 ect... he water that was closer to 50 reminded me alot of winter water, flat, cold and not too much going on.anlocal we talked too was finding fish on chatter baits and jigs so go figure. Cobblestone hotel had a decent breakfast and hookups for boat. I’ll prob go back there sometime after sportsman’s opens for the year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:39pm - Jan 25,19 
If i remember correctly there is a hp limit on Newton, is it 10 hp? Also do you know if you can launch a boat with a big motor but just use your kicker and trolling motor?

Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. trolling motor
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 10 gen2
Simrad Is40
sonarhub
LSS1
Lowrance point 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
2 electric downriggers
2 High Seas quad rod trees
4 Bert's ratcheting rod holders

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:15pm - Jan 27,19 
It's a 25hp limit, the DNR has a heavy presence there and I have seen them write tickets for idling the big motor outside of using the launch. White bass on this lake always offer a nice diversion. Another option to stay is the super 8 in Effingham. You can hook up parking along the backside of the motel. It's a 25min ride to the lake but plenty of eats within walking distance. There is a country store/gas station on the east side of Effingham, they have a bunch of Joe's sauces, I highly recommend, never had a better spaghetti sauce. Their other sauces are awesome too. Plenty of Amish stuff too.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: