Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:19pm - Jul 18,18 
Hey guys I'll be taking a short trip to Wisconsin during the labor day weekend and I need help finding fishing spots, tips, etc. From what I can see there is Buffalo lake, Lake Montello, and Williams lake which is literally in the backyard of the house were renting. The house supplies a row boat to get out in the water.

Anybody been up there and fished those bodies of water? What kind of fish should I expect or try to target around that time of year? Best baits? I really wanna catch some nice pan fish so we can cook them in the back yard. However I am a fisherman and enjoy hooking anything as long as it's a good time. Thanks in advance guys.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:35pm - Jul 18,18 
Used to vacation there alot when I was kid and only fished Montello but did so consistently over a number of summers. It used to have a strong population of resident largemouth willing to play. I actually honed my top water skills fishing largemouth on Montello when I was about 10. It is a very shallow, weedy lake, especially this time of year. Think weedless. I'd recommend grass frogs or rats on top of the mats and a floating twitch bait along the edges. I used to fish floating Rapalas as that is all I had. I'd throw those early and late and a weedless Senko fished wacky style is hard to beat as well. The lake has a hardy population of nice Crappie and Northern but in this hot weather I don't want to pontificate on how to catch them - LOL. Enjoy your trip and report back on how you did.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: