Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:06am - Jun 14,18 
Got a late start due to the 11th inning cubs victory at Miller the night before. It was my first time fishing this bass factory but knew going in there would be a TON of boat docks and boat houses to throw my wacky rigged Senkos in and around. Cloudy morning changing to sunny and hot by noon. Had to grind it out but ended up with 17 myself over a long 9 hours of pitching. My partner caught around 10. Most were decent sized, with this one being the biggest. Best color was smoke with purple flakes. The dock pattern is solid and consistent and should hold up all summer. The only scary observation is that the lake was very crowded with fishermen for a Tuesday. A Saturday or Sunday might be a nightmare. We'll see. I'LL BE BACK - LOL

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:38pm - Jun 14,18 
Crowded, yes, but the biggest problem after a long hot day on the water is the long line waiting to pull the boat out. If they extended the piers another 15' that would help a ton. That way, guys who launch by themselves would be able to tie their boats up while they get their cars. It would keep thing moving.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36pm - Jun 16,18 
I can see that would be a problem especially on the weekends. Wanted to also give a shout-out to Delavan Lake Marina off of North Shore Blvd.
Lisa hooked us up with a rental and had everything ready awaiting our arrival. One of my better fish came pitching to the gas dock while still in the slip when my buddy called his wife from the car after we stopped for lunch!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:00pm - Jun 17,18 
Have rod will travel wrote:
Crowded, yes, but the biggest problem after a long hot day on the water is the long line waiting to pull the boat out. If they extended the piers another 15' that would help a ton. That way, guys who launch by themselves would be able to tie their boats up while they get their cars. It would keep thing moving.

Amen ! :gpost

-Carl Sagan

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: