Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:53am - Jun 10,18 
Heading up there in a month. I have been to Canada on numerous trips but not in the last 10 years or so. I have been looking over a map and it is an absolutely huge lake. We did hire a guide for the first day. Anyone been there recently? I'll be in the boat with Dad and he likes to target walleyes as do I but I have no issue chasing smallies. northerns etc. I know it produces some monster muskies also. Thanks for any info in advance.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:27pm - Jun 10,18 
It's been a bunch of years since I have been to Eagle lake (been to 3 lodges on that lake including Temple Bay), but from what I remember and what I hear now, I am sure you will have a great time.

We used to go up around the last week of June and July 4th weekends. The best fishing would pretty much be on the east end of the lake and Osbourne Bay - which is a good boat ride from TBL. They would be transitioning to the deep water / mid summer programs at that time. So if that has occurred, alot of the good fishing will be in the southern end which is pretty much straight out from TBL So you could end up with a shorter and more direct trip to the fish.

Hiring a guide is a great idea. Eagle is a big and beautiful lake, but a challenge to navigate when you first get there. There is so much fishy looking structure that having a guide will really help you to shorten up the learning curve

Good luck!! I am sure you will have a blast.

Green Machine

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:06am - Jun 11,18 
We will be heading there around the same time as you, staying at Evergreen Lodge right around the corner from Temple Bay. By mid-July the fish have definitely moved into the main lake areas/bays and you wont have to run to Osbourne if you don't want to. I actually wouldn't recommend it being your first time on the lake since there are A LOT of hazards to hit on the run down there. Its a good idea to take a GPS and trace a safe route to some of the various locations with your guide.

That time of year there should be plenty of northern around in the weeds of Temple and the surrounding area bays. Walleye will depend mainly on how warm the year has been to date. Sometimes in mid July we are still finding them in deep weeds of the bays and other times the mid lake reefs like Deadman's, Viking, Barber pole, etc. I'm sure the lodge can point you in the right direction based on current conditions. We've never really got into the smallies that time of year as they seem to scatter off the near shore structure to who knows where.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:42pm - Jun 11,18 
I was there for the walleye opener and also stayed at Evergreen Lodge. Water temps were in the high 40's when we got there and were in the mid to high 60's when we left thanks to upper 80's temps and no wind. We found walleyes starting to stage on deep reefs by the end of the week. One spot we fished we got a 31 1/2,a 26 ,2-24's and about 6 22-23 inch fish. You do not have to go to Osbourne for fish. Also the lake is about 2 feet down. New walleye regs for non residents 2 in possession per day. Residents are still allowed 4 in possession. MNR was out in force and will continue to be. A lot of good reefs to fish right out of Temple Bay. Good luck on your trip.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:35am - Jun 12,18 
Frank S. if you are going to Temple Bay on the bus try to get seats up front or the drinkers will keep you up all night. Beer and bathroom runs. Both located in the rear of the bus.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20am - Jun 16,18 
Bulldawg wrote:
Frank S. if you are going to Temple Bay on the bus try to get seats up front or the drinkers will keep you up all night. Beer and bathroom runs. Both located in the rear of the bus.

The bus leaves from Wausau, WI. at 8:30 am so the beer drinkers should not be an issue...hopefully...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:21am - Jun 16,18 
Thanks for the info guys...time to gear up and go through the "toothy" baits...

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: