Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:18pm - May 20,18 
My son & I are driving down to Florida this week, we have offshore & inshore salt covered, would like to go to Lake Ida for peacock bass. We will have access to kayaks on Ida, not sure if we should just get a guide & skip the yak fishing. Any recomendations on what to do? Im normally all about catching fish on my own but, sure us nice to have a better chance of catching with a local guides knowledge.

I would appreciate any names of guides who have been used. Not too keen on picking one without a recomendation from someone. Thanks!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:25pm - Jun 3,18 
Didnt go for peacocks but did take a few days & went off shore in the gulf. Caught insane fish, 60 miles out, grouper, amberjack, had a wahoo on, beracuda different type of snapper as well as mahi mahi. We could see the amberjack below the boat, hundreds of them, had calm seas & great visability. We were using bait large enough to fillet. My friend, who brought us out was disappointed in the amount of amberjack, I was in heaven. As quick as my son & I could get our baits down, we would have a fish on, had doubles every time. The best part was the fish were 20-35 lbs each. It was unbeleivable at best. My buddy was discouraged because we couldn’t get our baits past them.

We brought our kayaks down with us to fish when my friend is at work & have been catching snook in 1-2’of water on lite tackle. Incredible as well. Hoping for 1 more offshore trip this week, yaks are in truck for tomorrows adventure.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:32pm - Jun 3,18 
Hope you brought a BIG cooler to bring those fish back with you.

Will those big guys just pull you around the ocean in your yak?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:03am - Jun 4,18 
Buddy has a big boat we go out in, no cooler, fish box with 300 lbs of ice, some fish out of season, catch & release. The mahi mahi were schooled up under the boat, he caught one & they all stayed under the boat. We caught several more on bare jig heads, as soon as the jig hit the water, they would attach it. Had fresh fried grouper for dinner along with grilled mahi mahi. Best dinner we’ve had since last week. Smoked wagyu beef brisket started out or trip. The snook move us around a little but, we were fishing the intercoastal waterway when the tide is running, lots of current.

I dont want to bring any back home, hope to eat them while we are here!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:32pm - Jun 4,18 
I broached stocking peakocks in lassale and braidwood with the dnr a couple years ago. Not going to happen.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16pm - Jun 5,18 
I currently live about 10 minutes south of Ida. Fish the general area for peacocks fairly often. Lots of fish kill this past winter . Dont know specifically about Ida, but the canals I fish are fed by Ida. Lots of dead fish floating during January cold snap. I suspect the lake faired better as the temp probably stayed more stable than the canals.
Have never fished with a guide for peacocks, so cant help you there, but if ypu want some spots to bank fish, or baits to use, send me a p.m..
If you do fish Ida, in addition to the peacocks, the clown knife fish had been fluorishing in the system. They are referred to as the marlin of palm beach county. Worth trying to get, too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27pm - Jun 5,18 
Plunc, I appreciate the offer! My son & I are heading home in the morning. Caught snook & other fish in the intercoastal waterway today. We had a great time & will be back. Good fishing to all!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:40pm - Jun 5,18 
Whoops, didnt read date, or whole thread :oops:

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: