Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:36am - Oct 29,10 
Awesome post!! What a trip! You guys know what you're doing up there!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:05pm - Oct 29,10 
That's awesome! Thanks for the report and congrats on a great trip! Chas- all of those look like some HEALTHY fish - nice work and congrats on the PB!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:27pm - Oct 29,10 
you caught some monster pike Chas. pike were slow early in the week for us but we ended up with some decent ones. all over 30 but nothing like the pigs you caught. i do think the slot there is helping a lot for pike as I think the avg size is way up. My co-captain, also a Tom, took the prize in our group as far as musky, a 47 on saturday and a 45 on monday. his first two musky, give him a hand! :allah :respect I think the total was $100 spent on lures at Bobby's later in the week?

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 06:34am - Oct 30,10 
tuggs3 wrote:
My co-captain, also a Tom, took the prize in our group as far as musky, a 47 on saturday and a 45 on monday. his first two musky, give him a hand! :allah :respect I think the total was $100 spent on lures at Bobby's later in the week?

Awesome fish, Tom (Toms)!!!! I'll bet MI will be sold out of Heli's Dawgs after Tom gets a hold of them this winter. :lol: Congrats again to you guys! I wish we were talking to Scottie on the dock right now, planning out the morning attack...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:44am - Oct 30,10 
My brother and Mal caught these 2 only 7 minutes apart on a jig and minnow.

On a jig and minnow! Go figure. If i threw away all the crap i ever bought and only fished a jig and minnow the rest of my life i thing i would catch plenty of fish and be totally entertained. What a great bunch of pics! Hopefully i will get another try at eagle next summer :allah

Support Staff

Post Posted: 06:56am - Oct 30,10 
great report and awesome trip guys!

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:57am - Oct 30,10 
hah. they might. the other one was on a shallow invader! finally I witness a musky caught on a shallow invader. those lures look great in the water but i've never seen or caught a musky on one. my confidence is renewed. they need to start using the better rubber on those helidawgs, one fish and they are done. original helidawg is much nicer to the back than a magdawg..or a pounder for that matter. a jig would be even better. those two fish, pretty much back to back on a jig. that had to be awesome. 25 musky lures for 4.99 at cabelas, 1/8ounce jigs. that would be nice in a lot of ways. going to make some "bulldozers" out of some old bucktails for my bulldawgs and give it a try before year end.
yep, we'd probably be finishing up breakfast right now watching you and larry pull out of the bay thinking we should try to get up earlier tomorrow. maybe Mal needs an extra hand up there.

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 03:26pm - Oct 30,10 
tuggs3 wrote:
maybe Mal needs an extra hand up there.

:lol: I like the way you think, Tom.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:47pm - Nov 1,10 
Thanks for the comments and replies. We were fortunate to get the bull with the high temps and strong winds. B ut that did not effect the fishing that much.

wsj Bill We did have a shore lunch, but we hunted long and hard that day we decided to have the shore lunch at the lodge with some fat 15" eyes with potatoes,beans and the whole works.
Valleye wrote:
Great report CLE!

Glad to see that you got some pics of Mal in there. He is a great host at an awesome lodge. It just amazes me the size of the Pike that are coming out of Eagle. To my knowledge I think they enacted a slot and/or size limit to the Pike and from what mal was saying last time I was there the Pike have been getting "gargantuan". Its always a pleasure to read the Eagle rports and pics from you and your son. Great read, I look forward to the pics and stories for next year.

:thanks

I need to get to Evergreen sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Val :D
Val The slot size has made a huge difference on pike & walleyes.
tuggs3 wrote:
you caught some monster pike Chas. pike were slow early in the week for us but we ended up with some decent ones. all over 30 but nothing like the pigs you caught. i do think the slot there is helping a lot for pike as I think the avg size is way up. My co-captain, also a Tom, took the prize in our group as far as musky, a 47 on saturday and a 45 on monday. his first two musky, give him a hand! :allah :respect I think the total was $100 spent on lures at Bobby's later in the week?

Tuggs good to see you up there again. Congrats to your buddy Tom on his PB. It was good to see Nick and his dad again. Fun sharing the stories after dinner when our eyes were open :winker We will have to do this again next year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:20am - Nov 3,10 
Easily the best post of the year! {just like last year btw}

-Carl Sagan

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:56pm - Nov 3,10 
Great post and congrats on getting another Moose. I'm always jealous of the smallmouth you guys manage to catch every fall. It seems impossible to get one during the summer.

Chas, congrats on all the toothy fish you caught. Catching pike like that had to be very entertaining on top of catching quite a few great muskie. How did that laker fight?

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 10:20am - Nov 4,10 
4season angler wrote:
Chas, congrats on all the toothy fish you caught. Catching pike like that had to be very entertaining on top of catching quite a few great muskie. How did that laker fight?

Thanks, Matt! It was very entertaining to say the least. The laker fought me hard. I thought I might have enjoyed to many Labatts Blues when I first got the fish to the surface. After rubbing my eyes once, I was pretty surprised.LOL

When you're up in July/August, try fishing the westside of the Barber pole for the sm bass. Also, the reeds/bulrushes in Spring Bay are loaded with them at that time of year.

Say hi to your dad for me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32am - Nov 4,10 
Great Trip 2 years in a row as far as what I have seen....Thanks for sharing! Do you guys do this good every year?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:10am - Nov 5,10 
robvquest wrote:
Great Trip 2 years in a row as far as what I have seen....Thanks for sharing! Do you guys do this good every year?

Yes we normally do well with the moose,grouse,walleyes and smallmouth and occasionally get big pike or muskies. Chas was musky fishing all week and provided all the pics of big pike and muskies.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: