Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:47pm - Oct 29,10 
what a pic mark! now thats what i call a handfull
duck

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:27am - Oct 30,10 
Lake Erie, Bay of Quinte, Lake Ontario, man Mark, you have it made. Think it was a good move fishing wise.

I always wanted to live on Lake Chatauqua- just seems like the right size lake for me with some nice Walleyes and Lake Ontario Salmon not far up the road. I've been waiting to see a report from you from Chatuaqua, but hey, you probably wouldn't want to even to this good walleye fishery with what you already have. I am just purely ENVIOUS! :oops: :oops:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:33am - Oct 30,10 
I havent fish chateqaua yet. Great musky lake. and Plenty of walleyes and perch. I amy take a ride out there in a couple of weeks and invoke my nighttime, shore fishing strategy. Just like I did when I fished delevan. Funny, how I compare the new lakes to the ones I fished before. Erie in the mud, like bago in the mud. Anyway thanks for all the good comment. Will keep you guys posted.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:57pm - Oct 31,10 
Thanks for the great report. I fish out of wild wings in April and May but have not made a fall trip to Erie, I have talked about it, but I have bird dogs and I bow hunt and this is my busy season. But thanks to your report I am heading out to Huron on the 8th of Nov for a few days. Any info would be appreciated, I'll stay at the Rivers Edge, but where do you launch, and can you clean your fish there?
Thanks for your Help
Jeff
PS Gethenet call me if you want to go.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:08pm - Nov 1,10 
You should have a good trip. Wind is the only killer. Be safe. Like I always say, its the out of towners that turn in to statistics. If the ramp is empty to only a few boats, take a pass and check back later.

Launch is across the street. Head back to the main drag and take a left. You will see it on your left. By far one of the best free launches ever.

No fish cleaning at the rivers edge, but if you take that street down about a block, Huron bait cleans fish. Pretty good at it too. They charge by the pound. We paid .65 cents but it was a special. He is probably close to a dollar. I will take a fish cleaner any day of the week. Just so convenient.

Brass Pelican about 1/2 block down from the hotel is anice sports bar. Good winds, 40oz labatts draft, great fried lake perch. (Get two orders and skip the fries).

Continental breakfast will do for the morning. Nothing special, but a good cup of coffee, muffins, cereal, bagels, etc.

Our best baits were reef runners in bn perch, emerald shiner glow, bare naked clear, and fruit loops. Go go dancer got some fish too. Stick with the basics, bright baits in the sun, dark baits in clouds, then mix it up. (had no luck on firetiger at all). Run 1.2 to 1.6, and then move from there. Watch the locator. No fish, then move on. Higher fish in the column are biters, so target them. Cloudy they were higher. We were running 60 to 85 back on cloudy days. And 100 to 120 back with 2 oz snapweight about 6 to 10 feet in front of crank on rougher, brighter days. Cuts down the surge. Dont be afraid to tip with crawler. A few times our 165 (no lead) back fired. The higher baits got bigger fish. We worked the 32 to 33 or so line a few times. Go out about 4 to 5 miles in front of sawmill (its a huge white building west of huron). Check on shallow fish too. The big fish at 12.83 a guy caught was in 24 FOW of water by sawmill high in the column.

If you need starting coordinates, drop a note. I got a few I could spare. Dont forget the night bite. Big sticks trolled in shallow water should be killer pretty soon.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Des Plaines, Illinois -20' Palm Beach Center Console

Post Posted: 08:25am - Nov 3,10 
Good Job Mark... Nothing like getting on top of em. Great colors on them, early spring they are a little more "blond"

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:34am - Nov 3,10 
Oh it was fun. Heading back there in a few weeks. Here is a pic of our favorite cranks.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:14pm - Nov 3,10 
Mark thanks for all the info. I just happen to have a few of those reef runners. I'll post a report when I get back.
Check your PM
Thanks again :allah
Jeff

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:54am - Nov 5,10 
If you guys get a chance, check out Erie outfitters. Craig has a really nice shop. His product is getting low due to the season, but he has just about the best selection of reef runners I ever seen. Will point you to the right colors too (he turned me onto the naked perch). erieoutfitters.com. he's about 20 minutes or so from huron.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:04am - Nov 5,10 
We wll stop by and check out his supply. The weather looks like it is going to be great>
Thanks for your help.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05am - Nov 5,10 
Tell em I sent ya. Great prices too. By 4 and they cost like $5.20 each.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:35pm - Nov 5,10 
ha,ha off to quinte tomorrow. After a cold front of course. I lost count at 38 post cold frontal patterns. Grind em out I say. Full report when I get back, good or bad!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:39pm - Nov 5,10 
Hey Mark,
What you doing the last weekend of January?
Got one heck of a ice trip on one heck of a walleye lake in the works.
That is if you like catching eyes! LOL

:fishice

Profile WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: