Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:44pm - Sep 25,10 
Anyone fished this lake before? Got a camping trip planned for Oct 8-10 weekend, have never been and would love to get on any sort of action, as I am taking a first time fisher. Any info would be appreciated. Will have boat with.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:45pm - Sep 25,10 
nak,
Sorry I can't give you any advice but please give me a report on the lake when you get back. I'm thinking about putting a camper on that lake and I'm going up there the following weekend to check it out. Good luck up there!

Support Staff

Post Posted: 10:00am - Sep 26,10 
no info for ya on the lake, but if you mountain bike bring it, some great trails up there I used to ride.

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Schaumburg, Ill. Lund 1800 pro-V 175 yamaha Hpdi & t-8 kicker

Post Posted: 10:18am - Sep 26,10 
There's a weekly bass tournament on the lake during the summer , I beleive its in the evening one day a week. Send me a p mail and I'll give youi the site.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:34am - Oct 1,10 
No so much on the lake, how to fish with a newbie in the fall. Fall is live bait. Big minnows like walleye suckers or red tail chubs where avaialable. Especially bringing a newbie use floaters. Northland makes a foam bodied fish magnet. Run a walking sinker or bullet sinker on the line tie to a barrel swivel then tie 24" of 6# mono and then the floater tipped with a minnow through the lips only and down through the lips as that is the way it's going to float. Vary the weight based on the wind and drift at first deep to shallow to locate fish then where possible establish a drift that follows the depth that you found the fish. The fish will hook them selves on this rig 9 out of 10 times and your buddy won't get frustrated like if you start him with a jig. One more trick in a rocky lake is instead of sinkers as above tie to the swivel leave a short tag end say 2" and crimp 2 or 3 large split shots depending on how fast the drift is. When they get hung up a steady pull and they are released and you won't be retying. Fish on.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 07:50am - Oct 3,10 
Never fished there but here is a lake map...

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/lakes/maps/DNR/0816800a.pdf

Not knowing anything about this lake, I think I'd be sure to check out the contour lines on page 2 of the map. Any spot that drops from 10 ft to 35 ft just like that looks like a good spot to investigate, yes?

Looking forward to your report.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:49am - Oct 11,10 
Well, not incredibly successful, but at least there was a little action. Hit the shoreline for the first part of the morning, with small LMB here and there, nothing over 1 lb. Some aggressive bluegill mixed in. When the sun started to get hot we hit that hole that you referenced Bearsfan :thanks . Jigged some minnows with nothing doing. Marked some fish in it, but they just weren't having any of it.

Oh and this was Hawk's (my 8 1/2 month French Brittany) first trip out on the boat. He was running a little wild on the dock as I was preparing everything, so I tied him up to the boat. Well, once everything was set, I cranked it up and cruised across the lake. Got to the opening of a channel that was no wake, throttled down to about 10 mph and SPLASH!!! :shock In he went, and still tied to the side of the boat! So, I wasn't planning on trolling any big body baits, but Hawk made it happen. Had to yank him back in and untie him.

Now I know the feeling of a father's first scare.....

All in all just a beautifully relxing weekend on the water, not too serious about catching things.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: