Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:11pm - May 16,19 
My boss wants me to take him crappie fishing. My plan is to take him to Delavan. I am not an avid crappie fisherman and have never targeted them on Delavan. If anyone can send me some advice ( public or private ) to help put my boss on some fish and put my kids through college that would be great! At this point my plan is the southwest bays or in front of lake lawn in the weeds using bobbers jigs and minnows.

John 21:10

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - May 16,19 
Hit the north bay and bring a graph. taret off the weededge or in the weeds. If after the rains try outside some of the drainage streams off the hill on the west side in deeper water where the murk and clear mix.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:00pm - May 16,19 
Haven't crappie fished Delly before, but if it were me, I'd employ much of what i8fish2 said above. The crappies should be either on beds(if the water temps are 56-60) or staging to get on beds, so should be aggressive either way. Target weed lines in 8-15 feet of water with a harder bottom, IMO. Definitely try bobbers with a jig and minnow, but don't avoid pitching jigs and plastics or other methods. Drop-shotting for them in pockets of the weeds can be deadly, too. If they're on the beds, they'll likely be shallower in the bays, in 3-6 feet of water. At that point, anything you throw up onto the beds should get em to go with a reaction bite. Just set the hook quick. When males guard the nests, they're not feeding. They'll suck in whatever shows up on the bed, swim off it, and spit it out.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:15pm - May 16,19 
A few years ago we fished the second week of May and could not find the crappie on the weeds. My cousin had to take a leak so I brought him to shore. While he was leaning out of the boat, he noticed some noses peeking out from the docks. Absolutely slammed the big crappie all day and had a bonus 4lb largemouth.

Dont overlook the docks near the channel.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:02am - May 17,19 
don't overlook lake lawn harbor. another one of our go to spots is in front of delmar beach. just look for the beds. my go to is a small plain gold jig with 1" gulp minnow, either natural silver and black or chartruese . good luck on the hunt and promotion

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:21am - May 17,19 
Hire Crappie Professor and fish Shab? Wisconsin river flowages? Fox Chain?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:36pm - May 17,19 
Thank you everyone for the info, no crappie were caught but I did put him on Pike, Bass and bluegill. We tried in front of lake lawn, inside lake lawn harbor, Browns channel, and inside the inlet itself.

Very surprised to see the launch fee jump from ~ $11 to $17.50, and the parking lot is crappier than ever. Maybe they can use the launch increase to fix it up.

John 21:10

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: