Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 06:26pm - Sep 11,18 
I have a trip planned to go to this lake with son #1 who is turning the big 40 this weekend and having never fished this lake before would sure appreciate some help from my friends here. Mainly going after gills and crappie as if you all did not know that. Might try some sunset trolling for some of the walleye's that live there as well. Just don't know where to launch the boat, get a burger for lunch and just where to start my search.

Wsj.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:31pm - Sep 11,18 
Pm sent

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:34am - Sep 12,18 
You can launch at Linn Pier, Fontana, Williams Bay, or Geneva. I almost always launch at Linn Pier except for later in the year. Parking is limited, so getting there early is best. My second choice would be William Bay. AC has a tourney there Sunday so it will be crowded at Williams. They usually weigh in around 2pm, you should go check it out. See some nice fish. For gills I would drop shot a chunk of crawler. Crappies can be difficult, very very early AM is the best in the weeds or cribs. For walleye, troll the break line in the evening. Good luck PM me for more info

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:18pm - Sep 12,18 
Play the winds at night for trolling walleyes. If a certain shore is get the waves start there.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:30pm - Sep 12,18 
Thanks for help guys, will let you all know how it goes Saturday

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:02am - Sep 13,18 
fontana launch burger and beverages at chucks. you can dock on municipal piers. you can always swing into abbey harbor and work the docks usually some decent gills and you might luck into a school of perch.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:24pm - Sep 13,18 
If you make it to the east side try pulling crawler pieces on a 3 way from Big Foot Beach north to Maytag point in 25 fow. for some decent gills.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:07pm - Sep 13,18 
Semper Fish wrote:
fontana launch burger and beverages at chucks. you can dock on municipal piers. you can always swing into abbey harbor and work the docks usually some decent gills and you might luck into a school of perch.

getting into some perch would surely be a welcome treat.

Fishing maniac wrote:
If you make it to the east side try pulling crawler pieces on a 3 way from Big Foot Beach north to Maytag point in 25 fow. for some decent gills.

Those "AnyLuc" spinner rigs just might be the ticket for that. Thanks for the help.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Sep 14,18 
Can I get ethanol free gas around the lake? Sorry for the very late question.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:39pm - Sep 15,18 
The only gas dock that I know on Geneva is at Gages Marina Fontana. Do not know if it is ethanol free or not.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:51pm - Sep 15,18 
The Quick Trip and the Marathon on Broad Street in Lake Geneva have E0 (recreational gas) but it is premium. I think the QT station is 24 hrs but the Marathon is only open during the day.

I know there is a Mobil near Delavan that has it as well as a Shell station on 50 between Geneva and Delavan.

Check https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WI

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:38am - Sep 17,18 
The Mobil about 2 blocks from Chuck's on Delevan had the gas. It was premium and at $3.80 was not to bad, wanted that in the tank for storage season and the boat just runs that much better on the stuff to make it worthwhile to search for.

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: