Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:30am - Apr 10,18 
Anyone fishing the Detroit river this weekend and want to exchange info? I have a group of 6 guys in 2 boats heading out Thursday

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:41am - Apr 10,18 
Follow the crowds. MWC tournament Friday and Saturday. Also tons of regular fisherman. We are headed out Sunday. Everyone typically is tight lipped because of the tournament. I haven't heard much but the last picture showed the lake and river dirty. Might be a tough bite if it doesn't clean up. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:20pm - Apr 11,18 
Get out early. All the launch parking lots fill up during the MWC.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:52pm - Apr 11,18 
Saw a report and pictures from 4/10, 3 man limit upper river 35-40 fow. Blue Ice with antifreeze jigs. A couple of bigger ones but most eaters 2-5lbs.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:46am - Apr 16,18 
Our group postponed our trip till next week. Leaving the 22nd of April.
KrazyKarl did you guys make it out? How was it?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:02pm - Apr 16,18 
Update with Report: Well Friday was a nice day to fish. We started off trolling a reef on lake Erie a couple of miles out from the river mouth on the Canadian border in the morning. Picked up a muskie within 10 minutes of starting. Then we couldnt keep the smallmouth off our lines. Decided to hit some spots on the river. We picked away at them throughout the day and think we ended up at 18. All males. We trolled again in the evening and picked up an eye and then a smallie literally every 5 minutes. Another boat fishing in our group got a 24in eye which was the biggest of the trip. Saturday the weather was lousy. They limited the MWC to the river and the weights clearly showed it. We got a later start since it was down pouring in the morning. We got to Erie Metro to find all of the docks under water and maybe 3 trailers in the lot. We launched and headed to Grassy Island, where we had the most action on Friday. 32fow was the ticket. We got our 4 man limit in just under 3 hours and headed in. We jigged 1oz jigs and oil slick wyandotte was hot for me. White was another good color. You had to have the cadence down. I think I caught 11 Saturday while a couple of my buddies only got 3. Bouncing the jigs right off the bottom tipped with an emerald shiner. I dont think we caught a single female this weekend. Maybe 1? All males that were spewing milk. Driving home yesterday sucked. Water clarity was good while we were there but heard its complete mud now. The trenton channel was busy. A good amount of tourney guys were in there on Saturday. We made a couple of passes in there but nothing for us. Fun trip.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:07pm - Apr 16,18 
Thanks

Board index » Lakes » Out of State
Jump to: