Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:25am - Oct 15,16 
It has been a long time since August going off-shore on Lake Michigan chasing silver fish. And today was the actual day I am mostly free to go back to fishing again after being swamped with grad school, work, and family issues during the late summer. Got to the gate at Belleau at around 5 and waited in line with the rest of the cars. Gates opened around 6 and it was game on. Walked all the way to the deep side of the lake on the complete opposite side where everyone was mostly congregated. The trout were mostly concentrated in that area and it was combat fishing from there. I used a slip bobber with a wax worm on a #8 size hook and it got all of the fish for the day. My dad and I ended up with 9 decently sized trout with one of them being one of the golden ones. Ended at around 10 AM.

Note: The DNR Officer is there in the parking lot checking people making sure they get their proper limit and the right license/stamp. So be sure to have the right paperwork and you should not worry about it.

Will be there tomorrow morning again.

Rodolfo (rgomezer)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:48pm - Oct 15,16 
Is it always that packed, even in the afternoon? I have fished other lakes where the craze of opening day ends in 2 days, and fisherman have half the lake for themselves.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:24pm - Oct 15,16 
Good job buddy! Now you guys are hooked. U guys just need a ultra light rods, its kinda feels like a 10lber salmon fighting in the other end haha n Hey whatever bites right? :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53pm - Oct 15,16 
Polishangler5 wrote:
Is it always that packed, even in the afternoon? I have fished other lakes where the craze of opening day ends in 2 days, and fisherman have half the lake for themselves.

Believe it or not it is actually not as packed as Axehead Lake was when I was fishing there last fall. During opening weekend is when most of the hungry are very active and as the week goes on, they are much more spread out.

Rodolfo (rgomezer)

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: