Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05pm - Apr 1,03 
Don't let this back to my boss...I am working in Naperville area now-how about info on Blackwell, Herrick? How about the Dupage River? Are there smallies in that little river?
Am keeping a rod in the trunk of my company car-always ready for action!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:42pm - Apr 1,03 
Both lakes you mentioned are killer lakes. Blackwell is awesome for bass, gills, and it has some huge pike in it. Herrick has a ton of panfish, mostly crappie and is awesome for bass. Dupage is full of smallies and now is the best time to catch them. Catfish and carp are also plentiful in this "Little River"

Justin

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:24pm - Apr 2,03 
The lakes are good but not spectacular, I have not fished the rive much but know that justin has not fished herrick lake or blackwell very much. I would say that your best bet is ice fishing but you can get some bass and gills out of blackwell and a ton of nice trout are in there. For herrick there is some big gills.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:55pm - Apr 2,03 
Thanks for the info-I was at Blackwell on the south end tossing a rattl trap today and was kindly asked to leave as Silver was being stocked w/trout-I didn't even know it was called Silver lake. Rode past Herrick and everybody and their brother was there-not much fishing going on-just a lot of hangin out. Have yet to catch a bass this year!!!!!

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: