Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:19am - Nov 13,10 
So I head out yesterday afternoon to get a little fishing done at my local preserve for a little relaxation and nice weather (hopefully the last for the year). Nothing really happens for the first hour or so and then I see the fish truck arrive. So I head over to see what's up. Turns out they are putting in about 300 pike (about 10-12in) so that's it for fishing at that spot. I head over to the other side and setup. Quickly get a fiesty little bass. Then I hook into a Trout. Put him on the stringer and cast out both lines. Shortly I get a double. whooohooo!!! Get them both in and put the first one on the stringer. Which now has two trout. I step on the stringer and start unbuttoning the third trout. When I'm done I turn around and..... "Hey where's my stringer?" Yep there it goes. Apparently I wasnt' standing on it like I thought. I see the yellow rope just swimming away just out of reach. :cuss I was soooo mad at making such a rookie mistake. I ended up getting one more Trout that came unbuttoned. Gave away the third fish because I just felt so bad about wasting not only a couple of fish but my lucky (or I guess unlucky) stringer. Two of the fish where on good sized minnows. The third on P-bait orange. Only one other person I spoke to had any Trout. They're were a bunch of fisherman so I'm thinking it's getting slim pickin's.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:28am - Nov 13,10 
Sounds like an "almost good day" Dennis.

Those stringers- it's good to get rid of the unlucky ones. I caught a good size trout in Canada once while fishing out of a boat. Put the fish on the stringer, and threw my "unlucky stringer" over the side- just forgot to attach it to the boat....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:54pm - Nov 13,10 
Those baskets do a good job of keeping fish alive and harder to lose. :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:59pm - Nov 13,10 
Yeah but those baskets can be a pain to carry around in the old backpack. LOL

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:28pm - Nov 13,10 
While doing some pan fishing, I was tired of carrying around the basket. I tried using a mesh type bag to put the fish in, tied to a small rope. I went to get the bag out of the water, and a good size snapping turtle had bit through the bag and helped itself to some fish.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: