Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:36pm - Oct 31,10 
Got out today despite the north winds I so despise! When they intrdouced pike to the lake years ago,I was filled with mixed reactions.Many years ago it was a pretty good crappie fishery,the last couple of years ice fishing it,very poor for crappie,for me anyways?Could it be the pike,overharvest,or what,don't know.I lost a pretty good one last Sunday,was all ready to land the fish and remove my big Zara Spook,when the fish made another run and that was that.Today using a strike king shadalicious swimbait ,I was rewarded with this little guy.I've learned the hard way to use a steel leader whenever fishing water inhabited with pike.

another view of the same fish.

Might offer a little fun on the tip ups this winter.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:43pm - Oct 31,10 
Nice catch!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:03pm - Oct 31,10 
find any lures hanging out of its mouth. my buddy :cheer2 lost 1 last week !!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:59pm - Oct 31,10 
Nice Pike Jake. Nice to see there are some larger pike still swimming around in there.

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:52pm - Oct 31,10 
Just wondering mind you, but sure would be nice to see some sort of status of the fish on the wee pond. It does get a lot of pressure and should the word maybe be know that the fishery is shrinking some folk may got to CPR on them. Yes it may be a slim chance with the gill restrictions being ignored over the many years........but it's a wish and sometime they come true.

Nice to see that toothy critter, might just help out the gill and crappier populations.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:57pm - Oct 31,10 
Thanks folks! Like most CCFP lakes there are some good fish caught now and then.These lakes are heavily fished,and most lakes develop heavy weedgrowth,adding to the challenge.Yes there was a mandatory catch and release on bluegills,perhaps there still is?I've heard lakes go through cycles and the small bluegill and lack of crappie action,has me wondering.Maybe a little electroshocking and surveys are in order.Don't see the county having money for this though.I live close and have many great memories,so I keep going back for the challenge.Someday this lake might be one helluva pike factory if given the chance to grow.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:21am - Nov 15,10 
I have driven by that hole in the ground for close to 40 years. I have never seen anything but a few bluegills to small to think about. I figured that all the drugs dumped in there back in the 60/70 had sterilized the lake.

Well the man has the picture so what can I say. :allah

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:24pm - Nov 29,10 
wampum used to be a bass factory back in the 70's and early 80's i used to ride my bike past all the druggies to go fishing a jionted rapala and my rod got some fish close to 7 lbs

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:25pm - Nov 29,10 
oh and one year after iceout i found a dead pike that i know was pushing the state record

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: