Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03am - Mar 28,10 
looking for info on saganashkee slough(I think thats how its spelled),mostly i plan on trying to fish it from a boat.and would like to hear what people are catching.dont see to many boats out there and thinking i might do better somwhere else,ill be fishing the south and west end and targeting bass but would like to know what else is swimming in there. pike? cat fish?mabey crappie?....sssshhhh, thanks in advance.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:26am - Mar 28,10 
All those you named and a lot of Bullheads.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:42am - Mar 28,10 
I was there last week fishing for crappie on the west end. I had 4 hits on crappie minnows under a float but nothing to show for. The pike were spawning so they wouldn't bite. There is good sized catfish in there too with plenty of small bullheads and sunfish.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:31pm - Mar 28,10 
Can't launch boats there til after May 15th . Water fowl migration rest area.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:53pm - Mar 28,10 
thanks all,yup radar i read that while i was researching. it will be a while before i can try it out there.theres always the desplains for now and wolf lake.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:17pm - Mar 28,10 
Have u seen the launch yet :shock unless they changed it it dosen't even make it to the water. i have a old map of the lake that holds tru for the most part let me know if ya want it lots of bolder humps all over the lake.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:58pm - Mar 28,10 
thanks bill,been on the river yet?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54pm - Mar 28,10 
no heading to the il starve rock with the fam in the late morning gonna try for some walleye then stay at grizzly jacks water park fer the night.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:28am - Apr 7,10 
The Cook Co. Forest Preserve has a book with topo maps and descriptions of all their fishing lakes . Might be able to get that at Little Red Schoolhouse , accross the Street at the F.P. garage , or maybe at the bait shop at Tampier . Its got some good info .

Good Luck and Safe trips ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Walldady

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:49am - Apr 7,10 
I got out there twice last year. I got a few small bass. I fished from a small boat and caught all of my fish in the North Eastern corner of the lake. There is a deep hole over there and a nice drop from shore. Not a lot of action, but its a nice quiet lake to fish. I've thought about putting more time in there but there are to many other local spots that produce a lot better.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:46am - Apr 7,10 
thanks fat,always looking for places to explore with a small shallow running boat,especially close to home. thats why i like the desplains,when its high like now i can go from lemont to willow springs and you never know what you might catch.thanks again and good luck out there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58am - Apr 7,10 
Spindoctor - Where do you launch (or carry in) when the water is up on the DesPlains?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:20pm - Apr 23,10 
Hey guys just wanted to bring this to attention.I was out at saganaskee on wed. 4/21 and have seen a few a large crappie caught none for me though,anyhow was heading out fishin around 12 pm and ran into a guy that started talking to a DNR officer the same time I was walking up so I stopped to listen to what he had to say.The whole subject was about putting your boat in the water before may 15,this guy really did his homework I guess,he went to extreme measures to find out about the actual law for how one individual is fined for breaking said rule.

As far as the scene played out (not saying the officer did not know his job),but there was no actual ordinance or ticket number that pertains to that offence.There was a sign saying that you cannot put your boat in until may 15 but no enforcement code.Me personally,I follow the rules but I guess this fellow had a legitimate gripe(maybe a lawyer who knows),but you see there's a reason for all of this,waterfoul migration which is over already,and letting all of the few fish in the lake spawn and reproduce peacefully.That part I do get and will respect regardless of said rules.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Apr 24,10 
dutch i happend to be there to when that happend (black ranger)and agree with you. other places to fish for now ill wait till may. the guy said i could beat it in court if they try to wright me up,who wants to go to court?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:07pm - Apr 24,10 
Agreed definately not worth it.Was in a black f250, guess I didn't look around that much.So anyhow alot of small pike being caught out there on small crank baits and medium golden roaches under a float.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: