Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:17pm - Jun 1,03 
Started off fishing Tampier north from 12:30 - 14:00 and caught numerous small bass, five perch (all 6 - 7''), a gill, green sunfish and bullhead. Not too shabby, I probably could have caught more perch if I targeted them harder. Saw plenty of carp surfacing, but no hits on worms, minnows not twister tail.

I then drove to the west lot and tried a crib parallel to the shoreline, about 1/2? way down to the point. No luck, tried worms, minnows and a twister tail, nothing. Oh wait on that, a couple of small green sunfish in the rocks when I was bringing the worms in. Point had too many anglers, so I wandered on down by the permanent picnic table. A few green sunfish & yellow bass. I also landed a crappie and small channel catfish.

An 8 species day, not too shabby :)

Some pictures below. Someone has to post images of something besides flowers :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:44pm - Jun 2,03 
OZ wrote:

An 8 species day, not too shabby :)

Some pictures below. Someone has to post images of something besides flowers :wink:

What's going on OZ?

I was wondering if I was going to see any fish. Are you going to use those for you fish ID's?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:21pm - Jun 2,03 
Marc wrote:
What's going on OZ?

I was wondering if I was going to see any fish. Are you going to use those for you fish ID's?

Yes, but I'll probably replacing photos now and then if/when I can get some better photos. I want something showing what the lake gives up to anglers compared to what the biologists say are in there. I'm trying for photos of legal size fish only, but I know there is no way I will ever catch an 8'' gill from Tampier, so the 5'' will have to do.

OZ, who still hasn't caught a carp from the Cook County lakes yet this year :!:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:42pm - Jun 2,03 
Hey OZ..

you should try Saganashkee....I always see big carp cruising the shorelines when I go down there...

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: