Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:57pm - May 15,03 
Fished today for about three hours, four LM largest 20 inches smallest 15, Used minnow baits with a Vanish leader. Saw a couple of nice ones on or making a bed I believe it to be the latter as water is kind of cool.

Really had to work for the for hits. Storms last night knocked them down a bit. Used stop and go retrieve hits came on the pause. They should get more active with this warm up thats coming. Oh yeah had to leave cuz of leaky waders :shock:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:39pm - May 19,03 
Got out about 10 AM today first five casts 3 LM Two 16 one 14 In. Fished for another 2 hrs. Got a 19 incher and two 14 inchers and one about 12. Used my old favorite and hard to find AC Shiner Perch with white belly. The fish seemed to be in the inside turns of the weedline on the windy side. They must have been corraling the minnows or perch in those cups.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - May 19,03 
are you measuring these 5 pound 19 and 20 incher's your catchin or are you just estimating? i didn't know wampum had all these 5 pounder's in there, maybe i need to take a drive.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:29pm - May 19,03 
There being measured no guessing. I've been fishing there for thirty years I can tell you there are quite a few of those in there. you just have to know the right times, spots and presentation. You have to wade to get them, nobody bothers you if you do it during the week don't do it on weekends. Besides all that I am an honorable man and like to share any tips I can offer. I understand your skepticism but it would have been just as easy to say( Hey bricky Congrats nice catch maybe we'll hook up sometime) Anyway if your ever out there I'm the chub with the red hat stop and say HI.

Armand Artuso

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:37pm - May 19,03 
wow!, maybe i need to take a drive down the street. so they never bother you wading on the weekdays?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - May 20,03 
i took a drive out there today, i can see where you would need waders, is there anywhere else in the lake to make a cast in more then a foot of water? there was another guy out there in waders on the north end, looks like the place to be.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:26am - May 21,03 
Hey Bricky was that you in the red truck pulling into wampum at about 5:30 p.m.
I just moved to Lynwood and can't find a bait shop can you help me out? :(
Maybe I'll see you out there sometime.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:06am - May 22,03 
Rude- Dude, No that was'nt me I have a Blue Chev Silverado. Sorry can't help with the bait. The only place I know of is Ed Shirley in Markham. Used to be a good one in Hazel Crest but he's not there anymore a fellow named Kieth ran it great guy, would always have time to BS with you. I usually wear a red hat stop by and say HI.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:15am - May 22,03 
Will do Bricky.
Iwas out there yesterday afternoon and caught about a dozen 2" to 4" bluegills.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: