Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:10am - Aug 24,17 
I took my son to Arrowhead Monday and Wednesday. He's not quite four, so I was just looking for some panfish action to keep him busy. We found a whole bunch of 3"-4" gills in the weeds right off the bank. It's nice to see the weeds coming back. The water was actually starting to clear on Wednesday.
CCFPD did a number on Arrowhead and Turtlehead this year with the weed killer. I actually got checked for a license Monday. First time I've been checked in a forest preserve outside of a trout opener.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:22pm - Aug 24,17 
Those smaller gills are sure a good teacher for our younger anglers. Good going Jim.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:47am - Aug 25,17 
The two best moments of it all were watching him uncork 20'-25' casts by himself and, Wednesday, he asked to go fishing. It's little things like that that make having kids such a wonderful thing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:32pm - Aug 26,17 
Hi Big Jim I went to turtlehead yesterday for the first time since I fell down the stairs in early April.The hip is finally healed enough for some hilly walking.You're right on about the weeds.Last year I pounded the big gills tossing rocket bobbers out to the secondary weedbeds but walked the whole lake yesterday and didn't see weeds anywhere even by shore.The only action I saw was small bass or big gills jumping at dragon flies.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:02am - Aug 28,17 
Glad to hear you're doing better. Turtlehead is a completely different lake this year. Last year I could walk the shore and count on getting at least a handful of keeper-size bass without having to work really hard at it. This year, I expect to get skunked when I go, and if I catch something, it's a dink. Haven't seen very many dead fish on shore, so I'm holding out hope that it'll recover for next year.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: