Poll: Would you like to have this be an invidual or 2-man teams?

Individual 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
2-Man Teams 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Either Choice Is OK 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 22

Author
Search for:
Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 07:43am - Sep 28,10 
Individual would be simplest however 2-man teams would be fun and geared towards common goal....Comradeship.

Here is just one problem I see with 2-man.

1.) What if partner can't make it? Do we allow subs? Subs would really complicate things point wise but open to suggestions.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:36pm - Sep 28,10 
you would need to use alternates. Maybe captain of team holds the team points?
maybe have a 4 or more person roster captain could use as subs? Other persons on
team could fish the individual tourny?

Random thoughts by Jack Handy

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:48am - Sep 29,10 
I would think a 2-man team with a pre-named sub would be the way to do it. Points go to the team and the team would have to deal with any winnings

Consider the fact that if you go with one-man teams (is a one-man team, a team? :doh ), and one of the team members can't make it one week, what would entice him to fish the others if he were all ready out of the running. Unless you do some sort of ratio scoring thing based on points won per outing. That sounds pretty complicated too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:22am - Sep 29,10 
either way works for me . i personally in favor of a two man team though and if he or she cant make it then you should only be allowed one sub in case your original partner cant make it. just wishin for the ice to get here already

Post Posted: 12:25pm - Sep 29,10 
Having one sub could work out real well. One concern with subs.........for lack of better words....would be the "ice baggers!". Having one alternate could work out nice and if alternate couldn't make it then individual could fish alone and still keep points as individual.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:34pm - Sep 29,10 
Not sure I would worry about the "ice-baggers", if you are referring to a "ringer" What would prevent the "ringer" from being the normal partner in the first place. Experienced anglers in tournaments and leagues have to be expected. In the dart league I used to be on, you had the team members listed and then you listed the subs. If a regular player couldn't make it, the registered sub filled in.

Post Posted: 01:35pm - Sep 29,10 
Yes...ringers. :D I was mainly just kidding but the thinking behind ringers would be if at anytime some could have a different sub at any league outing, then an advantage could be made if they could get some of the top anglers at a certain body of water. I am not as concerned about ringers/good anglers as hopefully in ways it could help others. "Gotta fish w/ the best to be the best" type idea.

Having couple subs would allow for more guys to compete points wise and that would be for the better. Maybe once you get your sub(s) then they will be locked into place as sub for that team(points wise).

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42pm - Sep 29,10 
So lets say that we go with 2 person teams. If a partner cannot make it then allow them a sub. However if you are going to go that route you should limit the amount of times you can use a sub. Personally If we go the team route I say no subs and have the individual carry the team. At least you will find teams of competitors that really want to do it. So de we have a set of rules yet?

I agree with Gooseguy, look at the Wisconsin Ice fishing league it has some good rules. The NAIFC is pretty similar. If you need some advice on rules I can help you.

Val :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:17pm - Sep 29,10 
I vote for no rules, everyman for himself! :lol:
Kick slush in, whitewashing, planting target species in rivals shanties, misleading other teams to where the fish aren't, forming alliances against people like Val (by Val, I mean little people, with funny hats and or hot dog outfits), making people fish lakes where the fish aren't even if it's the Championship. Oh wait, I seen this all on TV before or something. :bigyuck
Hope I don't offend anyone with my jokes.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:48pm - Sep 29,10 
ESOX...LMAO!!!!! Now who is gonna be lucky enough to entice a BUN LENGTH HOT DOG to be on their team? Lakes with fish that dont bite for the championship...HMMMM gotta be Bangs then!!!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Sep 29,10 
Good ol' Esox. Seems I remember a time where I heard "Here Andy, you fish this hole, I'm gonna go over here and fish where the Walleye are".

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26pm - Sep 29,10 
Another idea could be to team up with different contestants each week using a random draw. For example one week it could be me and val, then depending on how we score we each get the same amount of points, then the following week, I get a new partner and val gets a new partner, so on and so forth. Just an idea, but if not, I like the teams with a sub. Mops

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:50pm - Sep 29,10 
<delete>

Post Posted: 04:12am - Sep 30,10 
Valleye wrote:
So lets say that we go with 2 person teams. If a partner cannot make it then allow them a sub. However if you are going to go that route you should limit the amount of times you can use a sub. Personally If we go the team route I say no subs and have the individual carry the team. At least you will find teams of competitors that really want to do it. So de we have a set of rules yet?

I agree with Gooseguy, look at the Wisconsin Ice fishing league it has some good rules. The NAIFC is pretty similar. If you need some advice on rules I can help you.

Val :D

I have looked at both sites. Thanks for the insights gooseman and Val.
I do not have set rules yet....I started list way back and kept running into overlapping problems. Just trying to get feel of what the majority would like to do before I make the final rules.

I will definitely take all the help I can get and will pm you, Val.

The whole problem with not allowing subs or limiting their use, would be that we may need to do an every week type thing. To make every league outing would probably not be likely.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 04:51am - Sep 30,10 
Esox Tracker wrote:
I vote for no rules, everyman for himself! :lol:
Kick slush in, whitewashing, planting target species in rivals shanties, misleading other teams to where the fish aren't, forming alliances against people like Val (by Val, I mean little people, with funny hats and or hot dog outfits), making people fish lakes where the fish aren't even if it's the Championship. Oh wait, I seen this all on TV before or something. :bigyuck
Hope I don't offend anyone with my jokes.

Isn't that called the annual tip-up outing?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:28pm - Sep 30,10 
What if teams were made of 2 and instead of having one designated sub there was a list of chi-towners that could be possible subs for that day if a partner could not make it. That way the subs list could be for people who want to be part of this but may not be available for the whole tournament. The team needing a sub will have a list of a bunch of availabilities.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:17pm - Oct 1,10 
2 man team...... whats word on atvs?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:46am - Oct 2,10 
What about 2 divisions?
2- man and individual.
I think it would draw more prople in. A lot of people don't have anyone who can commit to the team but would love to fish. Make the entry 1/2 and the payout 1/2 of the team. Limit the entries on both.
I personally would rather take my chances with my skills and not put it in the hand of others but I do fish partners because that is the way the tournaments are mostly set up. Sometimes teams can be divided and even ruin friendships. I have seen it happen a lot.
Just my opinion.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:01am - Oct 2,10 
I vote for 2-man teams. :bear :sgt

More strategy....more pressure....more fun!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:53pm - Oct 30,10 
HI Gang!
I vote for one man teams. It is easier that way to compete. This being a start up small league it would be better and easier for most to not have a partner as they are very hard to get!
Da-Roc

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: