Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author
Search for:
Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 04:01am - Aug 18,10 
So far nothing is in stone. But if this gets the ok, the points would go something like 50 for first place and then 45 for second 43 for third 42 for fourth and so on.Again this will get figured out later and I will have a rule book lined up. I will also stress that these rules will be rock solid. No wavering from them what so ever.

I will have this done by the end of September and then we can go from there.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24am - Aug 18,10 
MOPS.....points are given for overall day....example. john 45 ray 50 jeff 40 bruce 35

div a
ray....50
todd...27
juan....0
stan....0
etc.

div b
john...45
bruce ...35
bubba ...10
ed.....0
etc.

div c
jeff...40
ted...15
owen....5
jim.....0
etc.

get the idea?

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Aug 18,10 
I like the idea of me winning Division B. Let's stick with that. :lol:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:44am - Aug 18,10 
Thanks for the clarifacation. So does this mean I cant stick lead weights in the fish's belly? Mops

Post Posted: 10:48am - Aug 18,10 
Sure......it may not help though as we may do a measurement deal. Again this is not set in stone.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:53am - Aug 18,10 
Love Pistakee!!!!!...

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:38am - Aug 18,10 
how about a couple differnt lakes night and day bites and everybody fishing the same lake at the same time?
want to test your skills? mix it up a little
duck

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:43am - Aug 18,10 
oh! and target species to change at each lake ? or just big fish?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:41pm - Aug 18,10 
I think the same lake at the same time is the only way to go. I like the idea of drawing the lake at random! I also like the points system!.... I am getting excited!!!! :shock

Post Posted: 03:56pm - Aug 18,10 
It is official......We will be having a Chitown-Angler Ice Fishing Leagues..........(pending legalities on cash payouts etc......I will get on this asap).

Thank you Marc!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:01pm - Aug 18,10 
We should look into getting some Chitown Hoodies as prizes!!! They allow you to customize whats said on the back.. something like " 1st. Place Angler Chitown Ice League" or whatever.... I like the idea of a plaque for winners.... but its kind of hard to brag about a plaque when its sitting at home... HOWEVER a hoodie speaks for itself!!!! Plus the winners can wear them almost year round!!! The last time I checked they were very reasonable at $25-30 each!!!.... just throwing this out there!

-Michael

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:08pm - Aug 18,10 
If you guys decide to go with Hoodie's I can modify one of these:

http://www.zazzle.com/white_hoodie_tshi ... 6556094761

Steve let me know, we can do the front with Chitown-Angler Ice Fishing Leagues under the city.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:10pm - Aug 18,10 
OR I have a family member who does graphic design for a shop that prints T-shirts. I can get us an awesome deal on T's. He made 50 T's for my Girlfriends dance company at $8.00 a piece in multiple colors/sizes. Also something to think about. I would be happy to give him a call!!...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:12pm - Aug 18,10 
Marc I love it!!!!.... Thats the exact site I was thinking about!!!!

Post Posted: 09:28pm - Aug 18,10 
Ace wrote:
We should look into getting some Chitown Hoodies as prizes!!! They allow you to customize whats said on the back.. something like " 1st. Place Angler Chitown Ice League" or whatever.... I like the idea of a plaque for winners.... but its kind of hard to brag about a plaque when its sitting at home... HOWEVER a hoodie speaks for itself!!!! Plus the winners can wear them almost year round!!! The last time I checked they were very reasonable at $25-30 each!!!.... just throwing this out there!

-Michael

I like the idea. It sounds about how much a nice plaque may run in price. So we may end up leaving it up to the winner...choice of hoodie or plaque.

I think I am off friday so will do some research and try to put up rough draft(very rough draft) but by all means keep the ideas coming as this is a Chitown project.........

Mr. Duck, each division will fish on same body of water. Example: All guys that are in north division, will fish pistakee one week, bangs another week, nielson's etc.....(again these are not picked out just used as example). The divisions are there so that we can be about 20 minutes or so away from the waters and not travel to far, if possible.

I like the idea of day and night and depending on what is open for each division to fish(closing/open times) this will definitely be brought up as a division decision.

I know west division has only one place(west branch-deep quarry) we can fish till 11pm.(more like 10:30pm cause the ranger will close gate and sit there to write tickets if not out by 11pm.) However the north division has the opportunity to hold night weeks. This will again will be brought up as a division decision.

I also like the idea of different target species but need to figure reasonable way to keep them alive(like bass/northern pike/walleye) This is where measurements may come into play with photos but not there just yet.

As for biggest fish....this will be incorporated for sure, and will get couple bonus points awarded for catching biggest targeted species.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:43pm - Aug 18,10 
This really looks great i like the plaque idea due to ass an i.h.s.a. bass member if i recive money for fishing i could be kicked out and lose possible scolarships the same goes for a few other high school members on chi-town that may want to join gift cards are ok just not cash

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:33am - Aug 19,10 
Cool. I need to dig into this idea a little more, I am just not sure if I can commit to all dates.

Steve since you have a gas auger you can be on my team. HAHA.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:35pm - Aug 20,10 
Myself and two friends are interested in joining the Ice Fishing league. How many guys can be on a team? Will it be like a four man bowling team? We think it would be more fun for everyone with three or four man teams. Any thoughts? And what is the thinking regarding four wheelers? My friends and I will be on foot and therefore limited on how fast we can get to a fishing spot on a larger lake like Delevan or Geneva. And also we would be restricted from making a lot of moves on a lake due to how much time it would eat up during a tourney. A four wheeler or sled would be a huge advantage over walking obviously. Any thoughts on giving the walking teams a reasonable "headstart" in order to remain somewhat competetive against the teams with machines?

Or...The idea of creating (4) divisions has been discussed already. What about two divisions for walking teams and two for "machine" teams? Of course the machines wouldn't be an issue during early and late ice when it is unsafe to bring on them on a lake.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for any replys.

Karl

Post Posted: 05:06pm - Aug 20,10 
bassman77 wrote:
This really looks great i like the plaque idea due to ass an i.h.s.a. bass member if i recive money for fishing i could be kicked out and lose possible scolarships the same goes for a few other high school members on chi-town that may want to join gift cards are ok just not cash

That will be one to think about. I will get back to ya once we get the basics down.

Post Posted: 05:47pm - Aug 20,10 
Sounds good Travis!

karl wrote:
Myself and two friends are interested in joining the Ice Fishing league. How many guys can be on a team? Will it be like a four man bowling team? We think it would be more fun for everyone with three or four man teams. Any thoughts? And what is the thinking regarding four wheelers? My friends and I will be on foot and therefore limited on how fast we can get to a fishing spot on a larger lake like Delevan or Geneva. And also we would be restricted from making a lot of moves on a lake due to how much time it would eat up during a tourney. A four wheeler or sled would be a huge advantage over walking obviously. Any thoughts on giving the walking teams a reasonable "headstart" in order to remain somewhat competetive against the teams with machines?

Or...The idea of creating (4) divisions has been discussed already. What about two divisions for walking teams and two for "machine" teams? Of course the machines wouldn't be an issue during early and late ice when it is unsafe to bring on them on a lake.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for any replys.

Karl

Karl,

I like the idea of 2-4 angler teams. Especially since it is only 4hrs and may not be in the prime time for some areas. Only thing with teams is coming up with an alternative if someone can't make it. Punish the other team mates? or allow subs?....I could already see the sand baggers coming! :D Turnout also will probably dictate this and we may go single for first year. Once I get basic rules finalized, I will then put poll up on this subject.

As for restrictions on using motorized transport. Pretty sure this would only occur for north division. Sorta split on this cause again 4hr time frame and possibly way bigger lakes that would allow quicker use of time finding fish. Not sure about a headstart because in the long run it still wouldn't matter and am looking to keep it a four hour event. This is another food for thought and hopefully guys will chime in on this. I like the possibilities (having a/b side division) but was told by a wise man..."keep it SIMPLE". If we wanted to even out the speed vs reward we could(only a thought) take away x amount of points from them. Can't punish the sled/atv guys but maybe give the walkers on bigger bodies of water, a handicap. Or it just needs to be on smaller bodies/ confined in area. Another for hearing what guys think.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: