Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:57am - Aug 25,10 
Sounds Good!!!... I love that this started as an Idea and really got ALOT of interest. We are all going to owe AtitAgain07 and big THANK YOU for the amount of work he is putting in. So keep up the good work man!!!!!!!! This is going to be lots of fun!!!

Can anyone help me out with sharpening my blades on a 6inch Eskimo?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:09pm - Aug 25,10 
Ace wrote:

Jackpine might be able to help you out there.

Profile WWW  

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 12:30pm - Aug 25,10 
mops7 wrote:
I would be a member of the west division seeing as I live in Lombard, I would say Deep Quarry Lake, Mallard lake, and possibly Pratt Wayne Woods. I like bass lake, but It would require a longer walk then some would care to make. Although I never fished it, herrick lake I've heard has good fish, and there is another lake in bartlett that is catch and release only, it is a part of Pratt Wayne FP, but I can't think of the name. Then maybe have the championship on a larger lake like one on the Fox Chain. Mops

If it's the one just se of tracks then I believe it's called harriet lake. Last year it was not open to ice fishing. I will find out if it will be this year. however this could only be a photo/measurement/release type place.

It does have two very unique species...

Deep Quarry can be very tough but is only place that an evening/night event could be held in DuPage.

Herrick would be a great bass lake but again...this may have to be photo/measure/release type. They have an 18" minimum 1 per day creel on largemouth there. Herrick does have good crappie population but the gills are super small.

From what I have heard...Pratt wayne has springs and can be dangerous. I have never fished it due to that reason. (not against it but would need to talk to someone that ice fishes it.)

Blackwell would probably be thrown in there somewhere maybe as pike as one of the species. Could also give bonus points if trout caught(just idea not set in stone).

Will add those to list for poll

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:00pm - Aug 29,10 
HI Gang!
I was wondering if there will be tournaments that need permits and are the participants insured against liabilitys? I just think there is more to running tournaments than $10 bucs will cover per guy. Dart leagues is a bad comparison you might get a dart in the eye at worst case. Ice fishing someone could fall thru and god forbid sue everyone . I don't want to be a nay sayer. I think the guys who run tournaments already are geared up for it and most if not all ice fisherman would be better served to just do lobys tournaments or the NAIFC ones. On that note are you going to make these walking tournaments or can you use trucks or ??? Who is going to officate the things. Are the officals going to participate in the tournament. I don't think that is a good idea by the way!. I don't care what level of monies, points , are offered there are people who always try and cheat. Do not underestimate that. Then there are guys who always do extremely well too? I hope this league gets off the ground and stays healthy. I hope the guys have fun and stay safe. The other question is this a derby format or is it open ice fishing just like the NAIFC bunch? (derbys you fish pre drilled holes and you get stuck with what you draw?) They really are not tournaments. What technologies will be allowed. SOnars cameras Biosonics ect. huts hard houses spearing. fish traps ect.... There are a ton of questions for the promoter of these events. Tournaments seem simple but they are not. There is a complex web of issues to be coveres. T's must be crossed and I's must be dotted.
With all this said please do not take this negatively i wish you all the best and like I said it sounds like fun!
My regards
Da-Roc

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:29pm - Aug 29,10 
:gpost Roc you bring up many point's that need to be covered.....if need be I can forward copies of rules from the Naifc,and also Crappie USA formats...will help to cover all bases.... :drink

Post Posted: 07:38pm - Aug 29,10 
Da-Roc wrote:
HI Gang!
I was wondering if there will be tournaments that need permits and are the participants insured against liabilitys? I just think there is more to running tournaments than $10 bucs will cover per guy. Dart leagues is a bad comparison you might get a dart in the eye at worst case. Ice fishing someone could fall thru and god forbid sue everyone . I don't want to be a nay sayer. I think the guys who run tournaments already are geared up for it and most if not all ice fisherman would be better served to just do lobys tournaments or the NAIFC ones. On that note are you going to make these walking tournaments or can you use trucks or ??? Who is going to officate the things. Are the officals going to participate in the tournament. I don't think that is a good idea by the way!. I don't care what level of monies, points , are offered there are people who always try and cheat. Do not underestimate that. Then there are guys who always do extremely well too? I hope this league gets off the ground and stays healthy. I hope the guys have fun and stay safe. The other question is this a derby format or is it open ice fishing just like the NAIFC bunch? (derbys you fish pre drilled holes and you get stuck with what you draw?) They really are not tournaments. What technologies will be allowed. SOnars cameras Biosonics ect. huts hard houses spearing. fish traps ect.... There are a ton of questions for the promoter of these events. Tournaments seem simple but they are not. There is a complex web of issues to be coveres. T's must be crossed and I's must be dotted.
With all this said please do not take this negatively i wish you all the best and like I said it sounds like fun!
My regards
Da-Roc

I appreciate the feedback, especially from the guys that have tourney experience.

The liability will need to be looked into further. I figured a waiver being signed would solve this but will need to dig deeper to be sure.

A lot of the other points are in thought process and should have basic rules down out by next weekend.

I thank all for helping with ideas.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:16pm - Aug 29,10 
Esox Tracker wrote:
Ace wrote:

Jackpine might be able to help you out there.

Thanks John, Pm sent to Ace.

Fran 8)~

Ice Auger Blade Sharping

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:19am - Sep 29,10 
Great idea! Either way works for me, but like you, one man teams would be easier. Thanks!

Post Posted: 12:30pm - Sep 29,10 
I want to stress that you can fish any division you like. But your points will remain in that division and cannot be total together from other divisions.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:31pm - Dec 3,10 
How are things looking?

Post Posted: 08:39pm - Dec 3,10 
To be honest not good.

I have been holding off, hoping for the best but for now it may not be going down.

The whole legal thing with cash prizes is tricky.

So if we still want to have a league it would have to be totally free! No monies taken or rewarded.

Could maybe still see about a trophy for angler/team of the year but that would come strictly out of my pockets.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:39pm - Dec 4,10 
Do we know the lakes yet ?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:57pm - Dec 4,10 
I am willing to help with money for a trophy. I will donate $100 towards prize money. Just let me know when and where. If there is anything else I can help with please feel free to let me know.

-Michael

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: